Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: At exactly what point will the Ravens be "Cap/Money Dangerous" in the Flacco era ?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Anyone who thinks Flacco is overpaid doesn't watch football, and doesn't realize every QB who has signed the past 2 years is making the same or more money...even with less production...

the flacco getting paid too much argument is like arguing the world is flat
    After looking at this list, I think that QB contracts are just in general getting out of control. There's no reason that people like Matt Ryan Roethlisberger, Cutler, and Kaepernick should be taking up cap hits that may be more than their offensive line. The last several Super Bowl winners have had QB's with very low cap numbers (I include Brady's because he's making well below market value with his Gisele aided deal).

Re: At exactly what point will the Ravens be "Cap/Money Dangerous" in the Flacco era ?

The Ravens always spend to the cap.
    Years where the NFL bumps up the cap more than usual will make the Ravens dangerous. See last year for example. The rest of the seasons I'd imagine life will be pretty familiar to what it always is.
    Pitta/Rice have made this year more difficult than normal as it's left us with a talent gap in those positions and has/will require more spending.
    No worries in Baltimore, but the Ravens will never be a huge spender in free agency. At least not the huge names. Lotsa second tier free agents and the occasional target of opportunity (Dumerville, Smith Sr etc.) .

The NFL won't let QB contracts cripple teams. It's too important to the sport. In the long run, the cap will always adjust to the salaries.

Look at the teams that have a ton of cap space to spend. Most of them have a lousy/young QB.