Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Foxs' Announcer's

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Gus Johnson is terrible. He seems to get excited over every play like it's the Super Bowl. The Ravens always draw the Z-teams.

I do agree that Fox's announcing crews are far and away better than CBS's.
    We're a medium market team. We cant expect CBS's "A" crew. However, something besides the mopes we now get would be appreciated.

I like Tirico and Jaws, but ESPN's presentation of MNF is so bad in some ways that it's actually insulting to NFL fans. They seem less interested in actually showing and talking about the game, and more interested in making it "entertainment" by bringing in some Hollywood ass in the second quarter and interviewing him or her while plays are actually going on! It's the same with these worthless sideline interviews, which also run over the actual game. Stupid, stupid, stupid. One sideline reporter is one too many to me, and MNF has TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I like Tirico and Jaws, but ESPN's presentation of MNF is so bad in some ways that it's actually insulting to NFL fans. They seem less interested in actually showing and talking about the game, and more interested in making it "entertainment" by bringing in some Hollywood ass in the second quarter and interviewing him or her while plays are actually going on! It's the same with these worthless sideline interviews, which also run over the actual game. Stupid, stupid, stupid. One sideline reporter is one too many to me, and MNF has TWO!
    Not to mention the horrible suck that is Tony Kornheiser. Will this guy just die already? He's worse than Dennis Miller.

[QUOTE=highwater;52240]They seem less interested in actually showing and talking about the game, and more interested in making it "entertainment" by bringing in some Hollywood ass in the second quarter and interviewing him or her while plays are actually going on!QUOTE]

That's what you get when you have a network such as ESPN/ABC/Disney. They all end up working together to pimp other venues.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    [That's what you get when you have a network such as ESPN/ABC/Disney. They all end up working together to pimp other venues.
    Sadly, this is true, but it's not confined to ESPN. The other networks also take the opportunity to cross-promote their other garbage, but they aren't as obvious as ESPN. Actually bringing people into the booth while the game is going on is a joke.

Although I'll admit this cheesy tactic did bring some unintentional humor last year, when some loser actor (can't remember his name right now) was obviously high during this second quarter appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Gus Johnson is terrible. He seems to get excited over every play like it's the Super Bowl. The Ravens always draw the Z-teams.

I do agree that Fox's announcing crews are far and away better than CBS's.

WHat's funny about this is, I love Gus Johnson... I Love the enthusiasm he has. Commentators aren't supposed to be boring.... WHat is is supposed to do, sound like a zombie????
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Rack it!

I miss Dennis Miller. He made those really boring games, like the one tonight, worth watching.

That Eagles doll was freaking classic. My friends, Eagles fans, still do that arm-wagging, hip-shaking thing while staring off to the side. Easily the most entertaining year of MNF.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock