Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CJ Spiller

Re: CJ Spiller

There's simply no need to pay that much for a RB these days, particularly one as injury prone as CJ.

Alfred Morris, for example, may never see a huge pay day because teams are figuring out there's no value in paying big bucks to a RB when all you really need to do is dip into the draft for an adequate replacement. And he's relatively healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Way too much cost for a guy who is always hurt.
    Well not really. Last year he had injury concerns, but the years before that he played 14, 16, 16 and 15. Hardly "Always" hurt, but last year was a bit of a concern
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well not really. Last year he had injury concerns, but the years before that he played 14, 16, 16 and 15. Hardly "Always" hurt, but last year was a bit of a concern
    You can't just look at missed games. There are players who still play hurt and aren't as effective. Think Webb when he came back. He played but he wasn't very good because of the back, the knee and whatever else. The only way to judge is to watch the games instead of just looking at a stat line.

Blog Entries

I dont disagree that a team SHOULDNT pay that much for any RB let alone Spiller, but I still think at the end of the day somebody is going to pay him.

not alot of RBs getting you 900-1300 yards on 200 carries, even in a platoon. hes proven to be a homerun threat any time he touches the ball and I think there is a premium on that.
    -JAB

Versatile guy who can run and catch, it all comes down to money. As others have noted, not a every down back. For the right price, he could be a nice weapon. I doubt anyone offers him over 4m a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont disagree that a team SHOULDNT pay that much for any RB let alone Spiller, but I still think at the end of the day somebody is going to pay him.

not alot of RBs getting you 900-1300 yards on 200 carries, even in a platoon. hes proven to be a homerun threat any time he touches the ball and I think there is a premium on that.
    Jets would make sense. Frankly several teams would make sense, Indy, Jax, Oakland all have plenty of cap space and need a run game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Eagles could be interested. They do need an RB now.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4m4 minutes ago
    Report: C.J. Spiller turned down $4.5 million per year from Bills http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IHl

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Report: C.J. Spiller turned down $4.5 million per year from Bills http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IHl
    He was determined to go to FA anyway. He's not getting that.

You can find a CJ Spiller like player for almost nothing and probably less injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    That seems like a fair offer on the surface. Maybe he doesn't want to stay in Buffalo. If that's the case, I can't blame him.

Had Spiller on my Fantasy Keeper League for the last 3 years - very frustrating the way he was used in Buffalo - he had trouble stayng in the lineup in a consistent way - some injury issues for sure, but seemed there were other things keeping him out of the number 1 spot