Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What did we pay for again?

The defense didn't quit? I seem to remember the Colts holding on to the ball for 7+ minutes in the fourth quarter when we were only down by 6.

It's pretty obvious to everybody that you know nothing about football, but I thought you at least watched the games.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The defense didn't quit? I seem to remember the Colts holding on to the ball for 7+ minutes in the fourth quarter when we were only down by 6.

It's pretty obvious to everybody that you know nothing about football, but I thought you at least watched the games.
    Darb...what are you talking about? The D played their ASSES off. It was like "the old days", where the O kept waiting for the D to bail them out. Our D kept Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Rhodes, Clarke, Utech, & Co OUT OF THE END ZONE, man. What MORE do you want? Indy finally brought in a fresh Rhodes and he ground out some tough 1st downs, and Manning completed one totally insane pass to Clarke that was a total backbreaker. (The coverage on that couldn't have been any better.) So don't even go there. You're one of the few people here that I respect; just don't even go there in terms of ragging on the D. The loss was bad enough. Don't degrade it with such nonsense.

GO RAVENS!!!

I was semi-mocking Fade. It's a guilty pleasure.

These... people... love to state opinions as facts, since they can't win an argument without lies.

and the defense didn't quit due to a lack of confidence in their quarterback
    This is one of their favorites. Ask them to provide an example of when one of our defensive players has said they give up. They can't, but they continue to spread the word like it's gospel.

I was just pointing out that in the fourth quarter of a game in which McNair choked yet again that the defense gave up a 7 minute drive.

The defense played great last Saturday outside of one drive, but McNair did nothing at all to help them. So using the logic of these... people... the defense must have quit. Hence McNair must be a crap QB.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    So naturally, that must mean they quit.

I can see you've played a lot of defense in your day. On your 360.

Speaking of quitting, remember you threw in the towel on the whole McNair vs. Boller debate? Right around midseason, you came right out and conceeded McNair was the better player. Funny how you admitted that, and only after a playoff loss do you conveniently begin to flip-flop back on Boller's lap again. What will your position be tomorrow, Fats? How many more opinions will Reality bully you out of before you stop questioning other people's football acumen? How many times must you strike out on these message boards before you start replacing your posting habits with some light exercise?

This is one of their favorites. Ask them to provide an example of when one of our defensive players has said they give up. They can't, but they continue to spread the word like it's gospel.
    OJ never actually said he murdered his wife either.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when a defense plays its ass off season after season, only to see their quarterback repeatedly turn the ball over and kill their time of possession, not to mention put them on short fields, that eventually it will wear the defense down not only physically, but psychologically to the point where they can't maintain their intensity anymore.

In other words, we don't need Ray Lewis or Ed Reed to actually come out and say they were Bollered all those years. We could see it on their face when they walked off the field. We could see it during interviews when a reporter would ask them a question about Boller and watch them dance and spin in their answers, or just be outright evasive in answering the question honestly. Even Todd Heap implied it in his postgame interview after the Chargers game when he said how refreshed he was to have someone ELSE throwing those passes to him down the stretch of that game.

People who know their shit don't need to hear a player say anything, they just observe. Try it.

I think they may have been Anthony "Wrighted" out, but the only player I think that was Anti-Boller was Ray Lewis. I believe he was the one feeding Shannon Sharpe his agenda which blamed Boller for the teams woes. Ray did this mostly from his home in Florida while the rest of the Ravens were playing out the season last year.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Well, seeing as how the team didn't miss the playoffs and the defense didn't quit due to a lack of confidence in their quarterback and offense in general, I'd say the investment is working out pretty damn well so far.

Sincerely,
    13-4
    I'd say it was a waste of money. When you bring an experienced, veteran, "big time" QB to perform in the big games and he loses your opening playoff game, AT HOME, after the defense holds the opponent to ZERO TDs, you got jobbed. Maybe we can go 13-3 next year and watch McNair lose another playoff game!!

McNair's contribution for the year was just to lower of draft pick without actually accomplishing something in the playoffs. Glad you're happy about it!! Way to lower your expectations!

I can see you've played a lot of defense in your day. On your 360.
    Unlike you sissy, I have actually played football. I was an All-State defensive tackle my senior year of high school and I signed a scholarship to play defensive tackle in college.

Speaking of quitting, remember you threw in the towel on the whole McNair vs. Boller debate? Right around midseason, you came right out and conceeded McNair was the better player.
    I've always said McNair was the better player this year. Even when he played like total crap early in the season I said the system was a QB killer and that I didn't blame McNair anymore than I did Boller.

How many times must you strike out on these message boards before you start replacing your posting habits with some light exercise?
    Have you ever met me? Then how do you know I'm fat? Oh wait a minute, you're a lying piece of crap. Facts have never been a strong suit with you... people... has it?

In other words, we don't need Ray Lewis or Ed Reed to actually come out and say they were Bollered all those years. We could see it on their face when they walked off the field.
    Actually, you do need that. Since you've probably never played a down of football in your life it's kind of funny for asomeone like you to assume what's going on in the head of a football player.
    In high school our offense was horrible. Nobody on defense quit because we had pride. That's a bunch of kids playing for fun.
    I promise you that every player in the NFL has more pride in what they do.
    Last edited by darb72; 01-21-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    ProFootballMock