Character Red Flags likely to make Ravens war room overly-cautious

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Character Red Flags likely to make Ravens war room overly-cautious

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

haha awesome
    ozzie looks like he gained some weight. who is the guy to his right :o

Blog Entries

Honestly I don't see taking guys who pushed women down stairs or got expelled or other issues as players you want on your team. Go read the comments on the PFT article from this futures contract guy who just got a DUI. There is a real perception negative perception about the Ravens organization in this country. I don't mind them doing things to turn that image around and I certainly don't think it will be to the extreme. Jimmy Smith and Timmy Jernigan still would have been drafted this year. I've seen nothing that would indicate that they wouldn't have

Very funny, and definitely true.

Blog Entries

Nice job!

If their past history has a police report on them, that's reason enough to investigate the player and pass on him if need be. He said/she said reports should be investigated also, not fair to the player to be passed over on the count of talk.
    Hopefully character red flags are something all 32 teams are doing, the Ravens aren't the only team with character issues. The nfl needs to have a better standing with bringing in players with red flags.. Ask the pats, hernandez has put a black eye on the pats for taking a players that had bad history. If hernandez played for the Ravens, imagine what the media would have said.

Blog Entries

nice cartoon. I agree, if a guy has domestic violence, guns, drugs that type of thing, they'll likely scrutinize the hell out of him. If he's just a knucklehead, that's a different matter (at every position but QB).

Just look at Victor Hampton with the chance of his career, then goes out and gets a DWI this weekend. This morning he's cut. They're not going to be very tolerant. As Gota stated above, if you read the comments on sports stories about the Ravens, there is a lot of perception of thug mentality in the organization

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If their past history has a police report on them, that's reason enough to investigate the player and pass on him if need be. He said/she said reports should be investigated also, not fair to the player to be passed over on the count of talk.
    Hopefully character red flags are something all 32 teams are doing, the Ravens aren't the only team with character issues. The nfl needs to have a better standing with bringing in players with red flags.. Ask the pats, hernandez has put a black eye on the pats for taking a players that had bad history. If hernandez played for the Ravens, imagine what the media would have said.
    the Ravens are the only team that there is video of one of their players decking their then fiance in the elevator after spitting in her face. Most people have even forgotten that Hernanadez was on the Pats, they are like teflon nothing sticks to them. We are the new Raiders other teams problems stick to us. Better to be safe then sorry I guess, it just makes the draft that much easier when you can eliminate 25% or more of your possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    nice cartoon. I agree, if a guy has domestic violence, guns, drugs that type of thing, they'll likely scrutinize the hell out of him. If he's just a knucklehead, that's a different matter (at every position but QB).

Just look at Victor Hampton with the chance of his career, then goes out and gets a DWI this weekend. This morning he's cut. They're not going to be very tolerant. As Gota stated above, if you read the comments on sports stories about the Ravens, there is a lot of perception of thug mentality in the organization
    They dropped him quickly. It's a sign they they mean business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Honestly I don't see taking guys who pushed women down stairs or got expelled or other issues as players you want on your team. Go read the comments on the PFT article from this futures contract guy who just got a DUI. There is a real perception negative perception about the Ravens organization in this country. I don't mind them doing things to turn that image around and I certainly don't think it will be to the extreme. Jimmy Smith and Timmy Jernigan still would have been drafted this year. I've seen nothing that would indicate that they wouldn't have
    Whilst I agree, don't forget that there a teams whose fans simply don't like the Ravens because of the rivalry or other things and they just like to stick the boot in. Patriots, Steelers, Browns are perhaps chief among them, and happen to be amongst the most vocal fan bases too.

Not that there isn't a legitimate issue, there is, but pft comments sections are full of people with massive gobs and small brains that delight in ripping apart other teams they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    They dropped him quickly. It's a sign they they mean business.
    Not really. If they meant business, that dude would have never been signed.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    the Ravens are the only team that there is video of one of their players decking their then fiance in the elevator after spitting in her face. Most people have even forgotten that Hernanadez was on the Pats, they are like teflon nothing sticks to them. We are the new Raiders other teams problems stick to us. Better to be safe then sorry I guess, it just makes the draft that much easier when you can eliminate 25% or more of your possibilities!
    While teams like the bengals take that chance, get results while the players still has issues. Pac Man and burfict come to mind, two players who still haven't matured yet.