Blog Entries

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Crappy news, various posts out there, take your pick. Grew up watching Star Trek.

And of course...

The cosmic ballet, goes on.

Re: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Expect Big Bang theory to acknowledge Nimoy. Growing up, we were entertained by the Star Trek crew and their travels, good times. His logic saved the crew many times, LOL.

Wonder if they send his ashes into space if he is cremated or just beam him up.
    Last edited by lovefootball; 02-27-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries

I told all my ex's to just wrap me up and smoke me when I die. LOL

I wasn't a star trek fan but he was on other shows like Mission Impossible after
    Martin Landau left and was a great character actor. He also narrated some
    documentries with his distinctive voice.

He got into show business at 8 as a child actor and worked up after his
    grand father encouraged him. His father wanted him to go to college.

He was 83. He wrote a book entitled: I AM NOT SPOCK talking a lot
    about that role.

Dean Smith of North Carolina recently died at 83 just shy of his 84th BD.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-27-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Can remember being in the U.S. Navy in Norfolk in the early 80s and every night at 11:30 they'd air Star Trek.... Where'd the time go? RIP Vulcan!

He is one of a small group of veteran TV actors (counted 8 or 9 perhaps) who appeared on all three of the best science fiction shows of the sixties: Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Star Trek. The other Star Trek veterans in the same category were William Shatner (Kirk) and James Doohan (Scotty).

His only movie role I can recollect was the 1978 remake of the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". He played a celebrated psychiatrist dealing with the apparent hysteria around him.

I thought his best performance was on Columbo in the seventies. When you guest starred on Columbo as the murderer you reached the pinnacle as a dramatic actor on television. He played an overly ambitious surgeon who disposed of an operating nurse who discovered his plan to kill a colleague. Nothing at all like his Spock character except he was "one cool customer" - a superb villain.