Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owen Daniels

Re: Owen Daniels

I'd love to see Owen Daniels back - he was Raven tough, reliable, and reminds me a lot of Heap, i.e. similar character/demeanor, and tough as nails.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id look for something around 2/5 with 3 guaranteed. probably gets it done. Hes not going to be near the discount he was last year.
    I really have no idea what it will be but I do agree that it will cost more. It's very similar to what happened with Daryl Smith this past year

A year older, a year slower. I don't want to put any more dead money on our books by signing a 30+ TE for more than one season. If he's willing to take the same contract as last year, okay, but otherwise we should move on. I don't think he brought anything we can't replace for a minimal investment.

Seems to me he would be thinking about his limited time horizon and where he stands best chance of getting a SB ring, plus he truly seems to feel comfortable in Baltimore. He's not getting a life-changing contract anywhere. I see him staying, even if he might be giving up a little $, for which I would be grateful, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    A year older, a year slower. I don't want to put any more dead money on our books by signing a 30+ TE for more than one season. If he's willing to take the same contract as last year, okay, but otherwise we should move on. I don't think he brought anything we can't replace for a minimal investment.
    I am pretty much in agreement with this sentiment. He wasn't a world beater, and do you guys remember the talk of him possibly going to be retiring in the preseason? He had "tired legs" and had to rest most of the preseason just to be ready to play opening day. He was a good guy to have and if he comes very very reasonably, then sign him, but if he is looking for much more than a 1-2 year, team friendly deal, I say good luck elsewhere Mr. Daniels.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I am pretty much in agreement with this sentiment. He wasn't a world beater, and do you guys remember the talk of him possibly going to be retiring in the preseason? He had "tired legs" and had to rest most of the preseason just to be ready to play opening day. He was a good guy to have and if he comes very very reasonably, then sign him, but if he is looking for much more than a 1-2 year, team friendly deal, I say good luck elsewhere Mr. Daniels.
    can't disagree with this. Has to be at the right price and 1 year deal or otherwise, go young.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    can't disagree with this. Has to be at the right price and 1 year deal or otherwise, go young.
    The more and more I think about it...he's not coming back for anything more than 1 year , 1 million. He'll be 33 next season. He had some HUGE 3rd down catches last year and I really like his playing style. He can go to Denver for more money, but he better realize he's going home wild card weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Unless someone offers him a sweet deal, I feel he may take what the Ravens offer and come back. Assuming he wants to keep playing, which he says he does. Really hope they can bring him back.
    I'd assume Denver is his first choice, unless he doesn't want to move again (or even wants to go back to Houston I guess).

I don't care if it's a 2 year deal as long as it doesn't carry much dead money into year 2. Where the Ravens get into trouble is using bonus money like a credit card, payable after the player is gone. He had 48 receptions last year, 1m seems light for that kind of production. Consider our options at TE. Yes, he's a year older, but speed wasn't his game either. I expect 1.5 to 2m a year that includes a small bonus.

Blog Entries

I'd like to resign OD for a reasonable one year(two if necessary) contract. Pitta is a "?", Gilmore isn't ready for prime-time yet, and it seems like a thin TE draft slate... Bc

I was sold on Daniels after the first Pitt game. He just seemed to be money in the end zone. I know he dropped that one in NE but he really delivered well beyond expectations.