Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Should Ravens cut Ngata?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It happens all the time as the Agent is talking to teams about other players can speak about a type of player without talking names and there is no agreement or lock for the player other than we would give a player like that x amount over x years.

My bet is that it is the Seahawks who may have some flexibility for a few years.

If the Ravens think that is happening they could hold him until late into free agency before releasing him.
    But that kills any chance of re-signing free agents.

Blog Entries

It happens all the time as the Agent is talking to teams about other players can speak about a type of player without talking names and there is no agreement or lock for the player other than we would give a player like that x amount over x years.

My bet is that it is the Seahawks who may have some flexibility for a few years.

If the Ravens think that is happening they could hold him until late into free agency before releasing him.
    If they don't release him they don't get the cap space. Ultimately that would hurt the Ravens as much as Ngata.

I'm not sure how that benefits the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If they don't release him they don't get the cap space. Ultimately that would hurt the Ravens as much as Ngata.
    If this isn't going to work out (the restructuring)...I would rather both parties go on their merry ways.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I guarantee that Ngata's agent has an idea of what several teams would be interested in paying him. That why there are so many day 1 free agency deals. .

This happens with every FA on every team...they already Talk to a guy, who talks to a guy....everyone knows what will be paid weeks before the first signing

6. Re: Should Ravens cut Ngata?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of releasing him as mush as it is of him wanting to go. As I said in another post I can't believe the Ravens are low balling him. If what he wants is more money then we have to let him leave. We won't be as good but we won't suck either.
    Release him???? They are trying heart and sole to keep him. Why does it have to come down to what the Ravens want. This contract is bilateral. I believe the Ravens are being reasonable when coming to the table. I don't feel the same about Ngata. Call it a gut feeling but I don't.
    It's not a matter of the Ravens "lowballing him". We don't really have it to give as well as fill other holes on the team. And you hit the nail on the head, if he wants more then unfortunately it's time to say goodbye.

I have no idea what he and his agent want, but it is obvious the Ravens are ready to move on - most likely he is gone - too much savings at our deepest position - I hope I'm wrong, but it makes the most business sense

8. Re: Should Ravens cut Ngata?

Quote Originally Posted by huds1117 View Post
    I have no idea what he and his agent want, but it is obvious the Ravens are ready to move on - most likely he is gone - too much savings at our deepest position - I hope I'm wrong, but it makes the most business sense
    Just because we have a lot of bodies there doesn't make the position deep IMO.

It is deep because we have fantastic coaching and good quality players. The defensive line has consistently been a strength of this team.

10. Re: Should Ravens cut Ngata?

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    It is deep because we have fantastic coaching and good quality players. The defensive line has consistently been a strength of this team.
    Coaching no doubt. But outside of Williams and Jernigan we know nothing about the quality of two of the players (Urban and KLM). We know that Guy and Tyson are back ups at best. Bilduki is a back up at best. So I'm doubting the quality. Even Jernigan has question marks but for arguments sake, we have two quality starters in Williams and Jernigan. After that we have back ups and wild cards. We need another starting quality player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Total speculation, but I'm wondering if Ngata has a deal in his back pocket. Like maybe he had his agent put out a feeler to Team X (maybe a team on the west coast where he's from) saying, "If Haloti were to be released, would you sign him? For how much?"

He may want to finish his career elsewhere -- for whatever reason. In which case, he knows all he has to do is say no to whatever the Ravens offer, and he'll be a FA.
    The Bills and the Colts are probably at the top of the list.

12. Re: Should Ravens cut Ngata?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The Bills and the Colts are probably at the top of the list.
    Wouldn't doubt it one bit. Although the Bills need to rectify their QB situation and use their money there. But definitely the Colts, who struggled stopping the run could be a landing spot for him.