Page 2 of 255 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 3054
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blair (aka Bel Air)
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread



    At this point, my feeling is one of resignation, and being ready to move on. Last year is over.

    Maybe they did cheat, maybe they didn't. Won't matter. Even if they did, Goodell and the league simply aren't going to put Viacom board of director Kraft's nuts in a vice, and, above all, the shield will be protected.





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,910
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    I for one think the Patriot fumble rate is clue enough they cheated. Fact that Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis never fumbled in New England and now suddenly fumbles when he isn't a part of their team reason enough to question a team with a history of bending the rules.

    Furthermore, the punishment levied on the Saints for Bounty-gate compared with the light punishment the Patriots received for Spy-gate. This would be a second offense agains the integrity of the game.

    Forgive me if I am not in the minority that believes many close games the Ravens lost against them may be otherwise in what is a game of inches.

    IF YOU ARE OVER DEFLATE-GATE, then by all means pass this thread by like I pass several threads on here that I am over or have no interest in. It isn't hard people.





  3. #15

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    At this point, my feeling is one of resignation, and being ready to move on. Last year is over.

    Maybe they did cheat, maybe they didn't. Won't matter. Even if they did, Goodell and the league simply aren't going to put Viacom board of director Kraft's nuts in a vice, and, above all, the shield will be protected.
    Regardless of he outcome(cheating proved or not proved), football fans wants that decision to be in the history books. If the verdict is totally innocent, well some fans won't buy it.
    If the verdict is something happened and they can't prove it or the refs screwed up, the stain is there on pats .'

    If they find proof, nothing will change the outcome of the season, but the stain will be there forever in history books like spygate. Regardless the pats win the SB and get their trophy.
    But like every story, their has to be an ending. Until then, talking about it hasn't hurt anyone and pats fans will be pats fans.

    Now how about that story on brady being an actor in a few years, LMAO





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    the fumble statistics are a little hard to ignore, but Wicked ignored them. More than the confusion surrounding the number of deflated footballs, those anomalous fumble stats are the smoke in the gun.





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41,112
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I for one think the Patriot fumble rate is clue enough they cheated. Fact that Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis never fumbled in New England and now suddenly fumbles when he isn't a part of their team reason enough to question a team with a history of bending the rules.

    Furthermore, the punishment levied on the Saints for Bounty-gate compared with the light punishment the Patriots received for Spy-gate. This would be a second offense agains the integrity of the game.

    Forgive me if I am not in the minority that believes many close games the Ravens lost against them may be otherwise in what is a game of inches.

    IF YOU ARE OVER DEFLATE-GATE, then by all means pass this thread by like I pass several threads on here that I am over or have no interest in. It isn't hard people.
    Regarding the Saints (Bounty Gate) and this, the big difference is deflated footballs aren't purposely trying to injure players.

    Additionally, there was legitimate evidence (Greg Williams taped recordings, player testimony from several of his former players, testimony from current players) about a scheme designed to try and hurt key players to influence the outcome of a game. In addition to setting a terrible precedent of an off-books reward system for essentially trying to potentially end an opponent's career; there is also the matter that the reward money violated contractual agreements between the league, the team, and the players. Lastly, most of that reward money was under the table, so I sincerely doubt that players claimed it during tax season.

    I get that you're frustrated with the thought of the Patriots cheating, but to me there isn't anything comparing Bounty Gate and Deflate Gate. Two completely different scenarios.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41,112
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    the fumble statistics are a little hard to ignore, but Wicked ignored them. More than the confusion surrounding the number of deflated footballs, those anomalous fumble stats are the smoke in the gun.
    Think about it in a court of law setting.

    Fumble statistics are circumstantial at best.

    Definitely noteworthy, which I did note in the first post, but it would be impossible to link fumble statistics with how inflated (or deflated) a ball was. It just can't be factually proven.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    34,417

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Correlation =/= Causation

    Something the fumble-nistas need to understand. It's the most common logical fallacy out there.





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,910
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Regarding the Saints (Bounty Gate) and this, the big difference is deflated footballs aren't purposely trying to injure players.

    Additionally, there was legitimate evidence (Greg Williams taped recordings, player testimony from several of his former players, testimony from current players) about a scheme designed to try and hurt key players to influence the outcome of a game. In addition to setting a terrible precedent of an off-books reward system for essentially trying to potentially end an opponent's career; there is also the matter that the reward money violated contractual agreements between the league, the team, and the players. Lastly, most of that reward money was under the table, so I sincerely doubt that players claimed it during tax season.

    I get that you're frustrated with the thought of the Patriots cheating, but to me there isn't anything comparing Bounty Gate and Deflate Gate. Two completely different scenarios.
    I disagree, the integrity of the game is at stake. I was under the belief all 32 teams played with the same rules, if one has a clear advantage, it has a ripple effect throughout the league. The comparison I draw is rules were broke, 2nd offense for the Patriots if it is found to be true. The hammer should fall on them.





  9. #21

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    The Patriots cheated. No doubt about that. Now the NFL has a problem that they cheated and won the Superbowl. The league doesn't want to tarnish it's championship. They need to make this go away, and it seems that their stall tactic is working just as they would want it to. People aren't really talking about it much anymore, and even Ravens fans, who were perhaps most affected by the Patriots cheating don't seem to care. Outside of taking their championship away (won't happen), no penalty will be just, so the NFL can get away with a slap on the wrist right now. The proper thing to do would have been to deal with this before the Superbowl. Disqualifying the Patriots or suspending Belicheck and Brady for the game would have been just. If 11 of 12 balls were deflated at halftime and they were fine before the game, then someone deflated them while they were in the Cheatriots possession. I believe that initial report. I think the rest is just subterfuge. Top it off with Brady on record as saying he likes the balls deflated a bit, and Brady being one of the big lobbyists to have control of the balls, and I think there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to come to the logical conclusion that they cheated.





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    964

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    There will be new rules about control of game balls this year.

    Results will be known if fumbles and more passes bouncing off players hands and bodies go up this year for all teams.





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,008
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Think about it in a court of law setting.

    Fumble statistics are circumstantial at best.

    Definitely noteworthy, which I did note in the first post, but it would be impossible to link fumble statistics with how inflated (or deflated) a ball was. It just can't be factually proven.
    In a court setting nothing has to be "factually proven". The standard in non-criminal cases is "preponderance of the evidence", also knowm as "more likely than not." Or, is it at least 50.1% likely to have happened. That is in fact the same standard the NFL claims to use in its investigations, including this one.





  12. #24

    Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    There will be new rules about control of game balls this year.

    Results will be known if fumbles and more passes bouncing off players hands and bodies go up this year for all teams.
    That's a definite, nfl will have to placate the fans with some sort of change in handling the gameballs.
    If the pats fumble or have less completions, it will be told as a bad year to fans. Now if they go undefeated and win the SB again, expect a big FU from kraft, the players and pat fans. Time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see.

    Just like we're waiting now for Wells to disclose what he discovered. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland