Page 52 of 255 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast

Re: The Deflate Gate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    My friend, my statement accurately represents how investigations work. When the demonstrable evidence of guilt is readily available, things get wrapped up quite quickly. It's when you can't find anything that it drags on for extended periods of time.
    As someone who has been conducting investigations as a career for about 20 years, I couldn't disagree more with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    As someone who has been conducting investigations as a career for about 20 years, I couldn't disagree more with this.
    Makes sense. If there is no evidence what is there to do? Hunt for some fragment to latch onto?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Makes sense. If there is no evidence what is there to do? Hunt for some fragment to latch onto?
    It's not an indication of no evidence either. Thorough investigations are just that -- thorough. It's Wells' job to get the facts. The determination of malice / guilt / innocence / fault is secondary to that.

Wells did a pretty detailed, thorough investigation with the Incognito investigation and that was a bunch of text messages and maybe a half dozen people. It took him about 3 months for that one.

In this case, there are a lot more people involved and a lot more evidence. Stands to reason this will take a couple of more months. 30 other owners are demanding the truth and I think they are going to get it one way or the other.

I'd be very interested in hearing what type of investigations you're conducting where you find it easier to prove innocent people are innocent than it is to prove guilty people are guilty.

Proving innocence is an extremely difficult thing to do in many (most) situations. If there was an easily-found smoking gun against New England, this whole thing would have been wrapped up weeks ago. But since no such smoking gun exists, they have to dig deeper and deeper, which is more time consuming.

(Keep in mind that this isn't a criminal court of law where set procedures must be followed perfectly or else you risk evidence being thrown out.)

I'd be very interested in hearing what type of investigations you're conducting where you find it easier to prove innocent people are innocent than it is to prove guilty people are guilty.
    For one, I never made the claim that one is easier than the other. Second, the primary purpose in an investigation is to gather facts. The finding of guilt of innocence is secondary to that. Each case has it's own facts with no two investigations ever being the same.

I've investigated complex assault cases and wrapped them up in no time and had the simplest of theft cases drag out for months.

Proving innocence is an extremely difficult thing to do in many (most) situations. If there was an easily-found smoking gun against New England, this whole thing would have been wrapped up weeks ago. But since no such smoking gun exists, they have to dig deeper and deeper, which is more time consuming.
    You're assuming no smoking gun exists based on the length of the investigation. That's the inherent flaw in your thinking.

There's simply no way of knowing what has been discovered in this investigation based on the length of time this taking. Not one.

(Keep in mind that this isn't a criminal court of law where set procedures must be followed perfectly or else you risk evidence being thrown out.)
    I am well aware this isn't a criminal case. This is, in effect, a business audit. But the process of gathering information is generally the same. Wells has shown to be meticulous in his fact finding. I have zero doubt he will get to the truth.

Blog Entries

I am well aware this isn't a criminal case. This is, in effect, a business audit. But the process of gathering information is generally the same. Wells has shown to be meticulous in his fact finding. I have zero doubt he will get to the truth.
    If this thread wouldn't keep popping up, I'd have forgotten about this topic. So I say that to say, last I heard other owners were not going to hand over locker room tapes to help (or something like that). Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If this thread wouldn't keep popping up, I'd have forgotten about this topic. So I say that to say, last I heard other owners were not going to hand over locker room tapes to help (or something like that). Has that changed?
    First I've heard that. Can you direct me to a link so I can read up on it?

Who knows, since Wells made his announcement to disregard anything said in the news, leaks or supposedly info has dried up. Just go to a pat site for all the local reporters views on the investigation(slanted mostly).
    Just like the dez tape announcement, nothing said about that either since the nfl is reportedly investigating that.
    Nfl has somehow put the clamps on malicious rumor type reporting.

I would be surprised if the Wells report came out before draft day. Nfl has to shine with the draft, you know, goodell hugging, fist bumping and smiling a lot.

I'm thinking it's a courtesy extended to the reigning SB champs also.

Blog Entries

First I've heard that. Can you direct me to a link so I can read up on it?
    Don't have one. I think I recall hearing that on Mike and Mike, most specifically it was the Colts form the game earlier in the year.

Don't have one. I think I recall hearing that on Mike and Mike, most specifically it was the Colts form the game earlier in the year.
    I also remember this being mentioned at some point.

Tried Googling this a bunch of ways and nothing close comes up.

Blog Entries

Tried Googling this a bunch of ways and nothing close comes up.
    Same here. I do remember hearing that though. And I remember Greenie spent a good portion of the morning talking about it. Probably about 2 months ago.