Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Devil's Post Combine Mock Draft

Not a fan of the picks but it wouldn't surprise me with the 1st rounder. I just think there will be much more value for US there than what you've outlined.

Re: Devil's Post Combine Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The scenario is if Ngata is retained. If Ngata walks then yes I could see them drafting depth, but not if he's here. That's drafting a third-stringer. The Ravens have a history of drafting second-string depth, but not third-string.
    For what it's worth. I think the Ngata extension is also for 3 years or so, and I'm not sure he's going to be good by then. Plus, Chris Canty is also being cut. I think Urban is nothing more than a rotational linemen and I don't think KPLM can stay healthy. I'm looking to the future.

The other option would be taking a Eli Harold or so. I wouldn't take a corner. They take forever to develop. Brown could help ease the pain of losing McPhee, and come in as a situation rusher his rookie year. So would Owa Odigizowa.

Lockett I think is a second round WR. I like him a lot. And O'Leary has good hands. At the bottom of the first I'd so take that...

I can change the first pick if need be. But I'm an advocate for BPA. If Brown is the BPA, hate to say it but we're taking him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    ... Brown would help ease the pain of losing McPhee, and come in as a situation rusher his rookie year...
    Devil, sorry to selectively pick off your post, but McPhee was a 5th round draft choice, the Ravens will likely (IMO) get a 2016 4th round comp pick. So why spend a 1st round draft choice to replace him? I would not... Bc

I think Urban is nothing more than a rotational linemen
    I don't agree with this statement.

Brent Urban would have been in the Defensive Line rotation as a rookie if he hadn't been injured, Ozzie said it himself today in the presser (and Harbaugh agreed). I don't think that there is any reason to believe, barring injury, that he couldn't log significant playing time (read: start) going forward. I see Urban as a more talented version of what Chris Canty was as a young player...Urban was widely considered a 2nd round prospect before he broke his foot leading up to the Senior Bowl, allowing us to get him in the 4th.

We'll see what happens with his durability going forward, but as far as talent goes, Urban can play, and he's still growing into his frame...the guy is enormous.

For what it's worth. I think the Ngata extension is also for 3 years or so, and I'm not sure he's going to be good by then. Plus, Chris Canty is also being cut. I think Urban is nothing more than a rotational linemen and I don't think KPLM can stay healthy. I'm looking to the future.

The other option would be taking a Eli Harold or so. I wouldn't take a corner. They take forever to develop. Brown could help ease the pain of losing McPhee, and come in as a situation rusher his rookie year. So would Owa Odigizowa.

Lockett I think is a second round WR. I like him a lot. And O'Leary has good hands. At the bottom of the first I'd so take that...

I can change the first pick if need be. But I'm an advocate for BPA. If Brown is the BPA, hate to say it but we're taking him.
    Well then shit we better draft one soon!!! We barely have any on our roster! We learned the hard way what having a very solid front 7 and a shitty DB group will not be successful. Going into this year we, once again, have a strong Front 7 already. No need to load up on depth. An argument could be made for a pass rusher (Harold would be alright depending on who's available), but going DT over CB (obviously, once again, depending on who's there) because they take too long to develop is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. We can't not draft a CB because they wont develop
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Devil, sorry to selectively pick off your post, but McPhee was a 5th round draft choice, the Ravens will likely (IMO) get a 2016 4th round comp pick. So why spend a 1st round draft choice to replace him? I would not... Bc
    because we have opening now and KLM was the comp pick we used to eventaully replace McPhee and hasnt played a down in the NFL yet. Its nice to use comp picks and build up lower round picks, but that takes time. It did not work out for us this time, so you need to use a higher pick or FA to fill that role and how that 4th rounder next year progresses better than KLM did.

FWIW I like KLM and think he could be a player, but you simply cannot trust a guy thats missed every year due to injury and is now over 2 years removed from playing a game.
    -JAB