Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

"Against a team like the Colts or Patriots Boller will get picked like a Thanksgiving Turkey if he continues this horrid practice."

And so will McNair . . . . mark my words.

:bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

2. Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

I noticed something intriguing on FoxSports.com. I am not even sure why I read it since it was a John Czarnecki column, who I usually think is pretty lame, as is the whole site really but I digress. Anyway, it said "if Samari Rolle can play himself back into the starting lineup with a heart ailment, the Ravens have a playoff-caliber defense." I thought that the reason for Samari missing the last few weeks was practically classified as top-secret by the FBI so what gives?!?! Just wild conjecture on "The Czar's" part? I can't see someone from the Ravens confiding in him with Samari's mystery ailment and keeping it on lockdown to the local media.
    Here is the article: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7333810

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Little can't be all that good as I read that he hadn't even had a sack until yesterdays game! What the heck are Yanda, Gaither/Terry, et al gonna do when they face Freeney and Mathis? They have yet to face a premier DE yet in their young careers!
    Didn't we have a "great" defensive player get his first sack yesterday?

By the way, before the year is through I WILL purchase a Matt Stover jersey.

By all rights when it's all said and done, the man deserves a place both in Canton and in the hearts of every true Ravens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    By the way, before the year is through I WILL purchase a Matt Stover jersey.

By all rights when it's all said and done, the man deserves a place both in Canton and in the hearts of every true Ravens fan.
    Amen! And since he is a future HOFer, he is authentic jersey worthy. Please dont disrespect him by wearing a poo-poo replica! ;)

Yes, definitely authentic Stover for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Same old same old . . . .

I think it's the playcalling . . . I mean how many freakin' quarterbacks can one team have that can't move an offense. My guess with this system . . . . . 9,308,456 and counting.

:bag:

THE day that BIschotti realizes that (and I think he does), BIllick will be gone. 9 years of the same crap.

People want to fight about starting Boller or McNair. I don't care if Manning or Brady was here, we would still suck balls, because we've never even been a glimpse of an offensive powerhouse with this wack azz system we run

[/vent] :)
    Waiting for the next one!!!

8. Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

<<< How true and how about them never getting on Boller about almost constantly back peddling too far

Wright and Blake both did the same thing. So, as LR, cy,and others have pointed out, it is the Coach and his schematic. I mean, how can it not be at this point?

9. Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

PS- I love Matt Stover, but a sick part of me blames him for BB still being our coach.LOL

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

How many QBs that Billick has had have done anything after leaving here? In other words, who has he missed on? What WRs, TEs, RBs, OL have gone from here to be something special? In other words, is it Billick's system or a lack of talent?

The WRs are better, the OL with JO and Terry would be a nice one with some youth backing up that looks good, but right now . . . way too young. Billick had Jamal and a mauling line and he did what he could with that.

I just hope you all don't wish us back to a Ted Marchibroda era. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How many QBs that Billick has had have done anything after leaving here? In other words, who has he missed on? What WRs, TEs, RBs, OL have gone from here to be something special? In other words, is it Billick's system or a lack of talent?
    Greg, as I have said many many times here. Billick has made an offense here out of smoke and mirrors for *years*.

I think partly he pays the price of the organization refusing to speak bad about anyone. Case in point: Billick would never say anything bad about Chris Redman. So years later *some* people still think that well intentioned limp armed weak-backed gentleman got the shaft here.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Priest Holmes comes to mind
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim