Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

The kid from Maryland (Gaither?) got beat like a drum. I don't know if Ogden or Terry will make it back soon but if they don't we have a big problem. Jason Brown kill us with stupid penalties and one big blown assignment. Boller look ok but didn't seem to have timing with his receivers. But did anyone notice his throwing motion doesn't look like he's throwing a shot putt anymore?
    Oh yea the ref's were second rate, offensive interference on the tight end was horseshit, and it look to me that the holding call on the goal line was questionable.
    One last thing is it me or does it seem that the defensive line gets a better pass rush when they leave Kelly Gregg in instead of rotating him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Still have to say I'm a little dissapointed in the fans this year, we do not seem to be as vocal as usual
    What's is there to be loud about? I have been more excited after taking an Ambien and 3 shots of tequila than watching 90% of the on-field performances.

We played an abortion of a football team in the Rams and we only managed ONE touchdown. What do we have to cheer about???? :bag:

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps
    Well, Boller (and Frerotte) was getting killed on anything more than a 5 step drop,
    Yeah, I thought the young OL last week played over their heads with respect to pass protection, but they seemed to take a step back yesterday. Gaither in particular looked bad. It's probably a good thing McNair couldn't play, because he may have killed behind that blocking. Boller took a few pretty hard hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    How true and how about them never getting on Boller about almost constantly back peddling too far and throwing off his back foot which virtually guarantees an underthrow of a deep ball?
    I know you didn't see the game Tex, but that's what happens when Leonard Little pushes the OLineman into the QBs lap on his 3rd step. :grbac:

Look folks, this offense is the same no matter what QB is in.

All this back and forth about the QB is worthless.

PP

I spent a lot of time studying the total field yesterday on offense and not so much where the ball was going as you normally do while watching a game. What I saw depressed me.

First off, the offensive line play was absymal. Gaither looked slow and stiff. He was shaky in pass coverage and worse in run blocking. Welcome to the NFL, kid. Yanda was much better and it seemed like McGahee's best runs were off his blocks. The rest of the kids looked tired, slow and unsure. A bad day for this group. We need some of the vets back or the Ravens will have much difficulty scoring no matter who is at QB.

The WRs are simply not getting separation downfield. Nobody past 10 yards was open. The times Boller did go downfield it was "heave it up and jump for it".

Boller did a good job considering he was harrassed all day. The fumble was not his fault, the defender from the blind side hit him like a truck.

I am resigned to the fact that this team will again go as far as the defense can carry it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Boller threw long about 5-6 times yesterday and intermediately about as often. He hit a number of the intermediates but we died with the long ball. One of them was to Figurs who was not open and the ball was thrown out of bounds, long. The rest were underthrows just a bit. One Williams made a great catch on, one Clayton drew a PI on and the rest were knocked down. There were probably 3 or 4 TDs available on these balls. I don't know if Boller was trying to steer it in or the wind was causing the problems but if he throws those a yard or two deeper even on half of them this would have been a complete and utter scoreboard rout.

Boller does give us those intermediate passes that McNair is lacking this year, so that looked better, but nothing else did.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Look folks, this offense is the same no matter what QB is in.

All this back and forth about the QB is worthless.

PP
    Which is why we're talking mostly about the offensive line today. You-know-who is the only knucklehead in here doing his usual threadcrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater
    Yeah, I thought the young OL last week played over their heads with respect to pass protection, but they seemed to take a step back yesterday. Gaither in particular looked bad. It's probably a good thing McNair couldn't play, because he may have killed behind that blocking. Boller took a few pretty hard hits.
    It's the difference between playing the 49'ers with no pass rush, and playing the Rams who have a great end rusher in Leonard Little. There were times yesterday that the ends were coming in untouched. And then of course there was Kraclik (I forgot how to spell this worthless guy's name) who got blown up from the line of scrimmage all the way to Boller which caused the interception.

Not to mention the inability for them to open up holes for McGahee. This was NOT a good day for the offensive line.

I think i figured it out! Our team is under the mistaken belief they are playing FUTBOL. The rest of the league is playing FOOTBALL! In FUTBOL, almost ALL scoring is done by kicking! Throwing the ball into the net is disallowed!

Whilst we're talking offence, can you guys fill me in on what the O-line lined up as? Were Flynn and Terry in or was it: Gaither, Brown, Chester, Grubbs and Yanda?

Neither Flynn nor Terry played a down. I think this was the same OL that played most of last week's game. In other words, very young and inexperienced. In this game, it showed.

12. Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

The Good:
    Plays for a few deep balls to at least try and stretch the field.
    McGahee's first rushing TD. Should have had another if not for the obvious hold.

The Bad:
    Line play was rough. To be expected with so much youth.
    Boller was under pressure most of the day but his mechanics are still horid. His feet are hardly set and most of his deep balls looked like punts, way too much air under them.

The Ugly:
    The playcalling is a mystery at times. Running sweeps to the short side of the field? How about some more slants and crossing patterns for the intermediate game?