Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

So How Did the Offense Look Today?

I'm writing this without having seen any replays of the game yet, but my first impression is that the offense still sucked in the red zone, and yet I was encouraged by the fact that they did indeed at least throw deep a couple of times. And I'm not saying that was just because Boller was in at QB, but it was nice to see us take some shots downfield. I hope we keep that up.

I had hoped that we would run more against a team like the Rams, who have not defensed the run well up until now, but they actually did seem to play fairly well against the run, especially on first down. I almost fainted when I heard Mike Anderson's name mentioned. This should have been a good game to give him some carries.

Re: So How Did the Offense Look Today?

Look at the box score.

5 FGs, 1TD. And most of that was set up by 6 turnovers.

It sucked long and hard, as usual.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Bad.

- C -

now would you say there was no difference in QB pla, or do you think the O line was beat all day making it even harder than usual for us to move the ball. In my opinion I was pleased at the QB play, took some good deep shots, def still some room for improvment, but was easier to watch than the past couple of games. Still have to say I'm a little dissapointed in the fans this year, we do not seem to be as vocal as usual
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I thot the O looked ugly early but got in a sort of rhythm.
    I counted 5 deep balls; 3 incomplete, 1 penalty (on the D), 1 complete.
    the Ramsters had good pressure most of the day; the young O-line still needs work.
    the O did a good job of killing the clock. even the short drives for field goals were better than 3 & outs.
    KBol looked much, much more comfortable than in the past, especially later in the game.
    that darn red zone is still a problem (today it seemed more penalties), but at least they're getting into the red zone / fg range, which is better than, say, bogging down at midfield and punting.
    say anything you want about playing down to the competition etc, but the other team on the field today was the Rams (not the Colts or the Stealers or the Cheatriots), and the Ravens did what they had to do to beat them.
    and...McNair got a week off to heal.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Same old same old . . . .

I think it's the playcalling . . . I mean how many freakin' quarterbacks can one team have that can't move an offense. My guess with this system . . . . . 9,308,456 and counting.

:bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Well, Boller (and Frerotte) was getting killed on anything more than a 5 step drop, but the good thing was we opened up the offense a little bit.

The Rams were constantly daring us to pass dropping their safety, #21, down in the box on just about every down...we had a few chances to hit a man up top but Boller just didn't have the time and wasn't very accurate on teh bombs (though, the 1st to Williams, should have been completed).

I am also pretty sure the other long pass to DW was a designed underthrow. It worked.

Yeah, Kyle got creamed a couple of times out there and was rushed a lot. This line is young and raw and boy did it show
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

O looked like it has the entire season. Maybe a few more deep passes, but the results were the same. FGs, FGs, FGs...we will not beat Indy or NE with FGs...

R2K6, I gotta be honest with you. I don't think we beat the Patriots any way you look at it. It's got nothing to do with McNair, Boller, Matt Stover, etc:. Tom Brady is playing hall of fame football this year, and He just destroyed the Cowboys. He's destroyed every team he's faced this year. I just don't see us being the exception.

Indy is a different story. We keep coming so close to beating Indy. I think we can pull that game out.

The offensive line seemed to regress somewhat...Everytime I looked, Boller was picking himself off the turf. Boy am I glad the kid is tougher than a $2.00 steak. Our running up the gut was totally shut down as well. Willis McGahee has accumilated more plays for negative yardage this season (primarily up the middle) than at any time I can remember in Ravens history.

The holding call on the second goal line TD Wills scored was vintage Ravens red zone bumbling. :grbac:

While I do feel better about our defensive unit's slow but sure return to dominant form, the O-line is gonna have to perform a helluva lot more error-free football (penalties) and keep the pocket from collapsing if we expect superior results from McBollerNair.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I am also pretty sure the other long pass to DW was a designed underthrow. It worked.
    Designed underthrow? Thats funny. Usually when McNair has those people just call him a noodle arm.