Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Webmaster Here -- I Am Sorry!!!

Hey everyone,

Well, bad things always happen at the worst times so there was no worse time to experience server problems than bracketing a Monday Night game in which our boys underperformed. Well, I know how they feel as I underperformed the last few days myself. I am very sorry to all you loyal site visitors, subscribers and fans. I apologize to Tony, the editorial team and the Forum admins as well. You guys count on me to provide the best service possible and we let you down the last 2 days. In 12 years of business this has never happened and I can assure you that this issue will not happen again. Thanks for hanging in there and keep the loyalty going. I will work with everyone to make this site even bigger and more useful for all Ravens fans.

Here's the article I posted today...

I am extremely sorry for the frustrating intermittent web service and downtime we have experienced over the last two days. During system upgrades, we experienced conflicts that caused our errors. I think that we hit the wrong keys in a moment of frustration watching the Ravens predictable playcalling Monday night. Problems actually started on Monday and the timing couldn't have been worse going into the Monday Night game and after the disappointing loss.

I know you rely on ProFootball24x7.com to provide you with the latest and most insightful Ravens analysis and commentary. In addition, the Forum is a growing place for the best Ravens fans to share ideas, thoughts and opinions. For all of that to work, I need to do my job. I failed these last couple of days and I am very sorry to you as well as to Tony and his team.

Please keep the faith in Tony and this site. I am comitted to getting back to enhancing the best Ravens site on the web and building it into a community of the best Ravens fans. Some fun and exciting things are on the way. We are back stronger than ever and I can assure you that we are actively making "halftime adjustments" to assure that these issues never happen again.

Regards,

John Gehrig

Re: Webmaster Here -- I Am Sorry!!!

That's all fine and good, and thank you for your efforts and ultimate repair of the site. Now, what can you do about the offense?

See... the thing is ya gotta stop with the upgrades, remember the old saying "if it ain't broke leave it the hell alone or it will be".
    Anyway, glad you're back and hope you stay awhile..

I really appreciate your patience and we have taken what we believe are the appropriate measures to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Uncle Vince once said, "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

We're back up and committed to being better than ever. Hang in there with us...we have some other good things in the works....

Oh and one more thing, D3 Corp and John Gehrig's staff handled this situation with class and professionalism and worked relentlessly to overcome a very, very sticky situation. I recommend them to anyone considering website development or enhancements (not the Nip/Tuck variety).

I think you learn more about a business partner during times of adversity. I'm more confident in D3 than ever.

And by the way, I approved of this message! ;)
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Thats OK man.

YBR provided was a adequate substitute. However since 24x7 is back I wont venture over there much anymore.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Thats OK man.

YBR provided was a adequate substitute. However since 24x7 is back I wont venture over there much anymore.
    I don't know man,there were quite a few white flags fluttering in the wind over there after the loss.And they laugh at other team messageboards having meltdowns.:grbac:
    Last edited by RavenTD; 10-11-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

that and I almost got banned again b/c I wanted to have a serious Mcanir conversation.

I had to plead with the mod to stop deleting every single thread.

Yeah, I didn't want to go read the Crayon forum either but it couldn't be helped since I don't have fellow Ravens fans around here to talk to.

I demand restitution!!! In the form of Oreos. And pie. Don't forget the pie. God help you if I don't get my pie!!!
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Yes, well, ummmm . . . that's alright then.

Not that I was having a meltdown or anything because I couldn't chat with my buddies during the game and afterwards. Fanatic took the bat out of my hand before I could swing it at the monitor so all is well
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

She was having withdrawal and it was almost as bad as mine.

darb, how about some Oreo pie?

Yes, I was having a terrible meltdown and poor Greg and Fanatic got the worst of it.

I really need to get a life
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

How about for the prediction contest we send the winner an oreo pie?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi