Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast
  1. Re: 2015 Offseason: Ravens Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    Fair points. I think the reason he was behind McClain was largely due to being behind the curve mentally.

But as for McClellan and Orr... that is concerning. I hadn't really thought of that. I'll have my fingers crossed that Brown pans out somehow, even still!
    Notice how nobody (reporters) asks about Brown and nobody from the organization comments on him. Ozzie challenged Elam. There is straight silence on Brown. I'm not for sure what it means, but my gut says, not good.

Re: 2015 Offseason: Ravens Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Ohhh I agree with you. That's why I think our pick at 26 will either be Armstead if there, or a guy like Carl Davis - not a fan of his motor - if we don't get a deal done with Ngata.
    Would either of them even be the BPA? Because I don't think they will, and WR,CB,and TE are bigger concerns.

Is Will Blackmon any good? If so he makes sense. He wouldn't count against comp picks. Could be a solid pickup.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

4. Re: 2015 Offseason: Ravens Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Would either of them even be the BPA? Because I don't think they will, and WR,CB,and TE are bigger concerns.
    They could very well be BPA on the Ravens board. It's really going to depend on how we value these players. While WR and TE are also needs, the only WR that could possible fall to us is Strong and I'm banking on him being gone. Armstead and Davis are easily better value than other WR's after Strong. I'd even say they are better values than any TE in the draft at 26. At least Armstead is. If Davis' motor were better he'd be a much better value at that spot too. Per CB it all depends on whether they are looking for another starting caliber player. If so then that might be the greatest value.

One move to lessen the potential blow of losing so many guys would be to sign the recently released Kendall Langford. Langford's cap hit and Aaron Donald's success made him expendable. Langford has experience as a 3-4 end, would have no effect on the comp picks, is only 29 and imo would be solid in the rotation. The team seems to make a habit of always picking up a Vet DT (Trevor Pryce, Cory Redding, Chris Canty etc).

6. Re: 2015 Offseason: Ravens Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    One move to lessen the potential blow of losing so many guys would be to sign the recently released Kendall Langford. Langford's cap hit and Aaron Donald's success made him expendable. Langford has experience as a 3-4 end, would have no effect on the comp picks, is only 29 and imo would be solid in the rotation. The team seems to make a habit of always picking up a Vet DT (Trevor Pryce, Cory Redding, Chris Canty etc).
    I'd like that move.

Blog Entries

So what is the scoop with Justin Tucker? I'm nervous we might lost him. Are there any talks of Ravens signing him long term?I don't want another team to sign him to a contract we can't match. Guy is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    So what is the scoop with Justin Tucker? I'm nervous we might lost him. Are there any talks of Ravens signing him long term?I don't want another team to sign him to a contract we can't match. Guy is a stud.
    He's under contract for this year. Maybe in a normal year they would look for an extension but with the Rice dead money and the Pitta situation, I'm guessing they'll wait until next offseason to give him a long term deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He's under contract for this year. Maybe in a normal year they would look for an extension but with the Rice dead money and the Pitta situation, I'm guessing they'll wait until next offseason to give him a long term deal.
    Isn't he a restricted FA this year? Can teams not put a "unmatchable" contract to screw us?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    They already made one of those moves when they drafted Jernigan last year. Does anyone think they didn't see this coming with Ngata???
    I see where you're coming from, but I believe Ozzie drafted Jernigan because he was a 1st round talent that had fallen into the 2nd round... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Isn't he a restricted FA this year? Can teams not put a "unmatchable" contract to screw us?
    They'll give him a 1st or 2nd round tender. No one is going to give up that much for a kicker, he'll be safe. Plus it'll probably make him happy because it will be a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They'll give him a 1st or 2nd round tender. No one is going to give up that much for a kicker, he'll be safe. Plus it'll probably make him happy because it will be a raise.
    I don't know about that, belicheat wants a kicker like Tucker.