Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Some Love for Harbs

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    After one of the many regular season games this year during which our team appeared 'flat', and listless, Harbs came out defending the team after that game - Harbs has NEVER thrown any of his players/coaches under the proverbial bus. Well, I posted a thread after that game - I believe it was the game when Ravens Nation collectively booed the team going in at halftime - in which I really took Harbs to task! Anyway, Harbs could have taken, and should have taken, the entire fan base to task over their conduct. But, you know what, Harbs NEVER tossed any of us under the bus over that incident, and, he continues to praise us as being very super supportive of the Ravens! Well, all I can say is WOW in regards to his character - we as Ravens fans are VERY lucky to have John as our HC, and that is a reflection of Ozzie, Biscuit and company .... a class organization from top to bottom!!!
    Simply put, I am proud that John Harbaugh is the Head Coach of the pro football team I root for... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I suppose if you want to quibble with the article, you could point to the sentence where Daugherty says Joe Flacco is sometimes Rex Grossman. I can't think of anytime when Joe was ever anything close to Rex Grossman. Maybe my "Some Love for Flacco" thread will have to wait until next year.
    Well, in his 2014 NFL's Best Coaches rankings, the writeup on Harbs (ranked #5 then) spoke of Flacco like this:

Harbaugh has never had a losing season, and not only guided the Ravens to the playoffs in each of his first five years on the job, but a playoff victory. That’s not easy to do in the salary-cap era, especially when your quarterback is Joe Flacco.

So, it's trending better, I guess.....

There's a guy at my work. I've known him for almost three decades at this point. He's a great guy. Friendly with everyone, sound decisions and all that. We work in the same place and he was recently promoted to the supervisory position. He has ruled with an iron fist and that includes me as his tertiary subordinate. People have come up to me as a secondary supervisor (Tier 2 Support) and asked what his problem is. I've had to remind them that he's there to do what's needed, not what's necessarily wanted. People ask what happened to him. I liken him to Harbs in that way as he's still the same guy, he cares a lot about the company and wants to make it work as efficiently and as best as possible but he'll cut some butts along the way if that's what it takes.

That's Harbs. He'll never throw his guys under the bus. He'll be the best face guy ever and behind the scenes he'll put guys in his, 'Doghouse,'. I love John. I'm super glad we snagged the guy. Anyone who doubts him should take a look at his record some time.

When we see Harbaugh break from his normal coaching skills, then we know something is up. Until then, John Harbaugh is doing a great job of handling his team. The off field problems are expected sometimes, but on the field, Harbaugh has given Raven fans more then they expected. Winning, great games, and a team to be proud of.