Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ed Dickson Giving Us Some Love (a 7th Round Comp Pick)?

Over at Over The Cap, they are very very tentatively projecting that Ed Dickson might give us a 4th Comp pick-a 7th rounder.

They have three articles on the subject.

This is article #1 where they give their projections of the Comp picks. Note that there's no mention of Ed Dickson's signing with Carolina.

This is article #2 where they realize their oversight (because he signed later than most UFAs) but think that Ed Dickson's contract is just the 33rd in value and thus is one below the cut-off line of a max of 32 Comp picks per year.

And today here is article #3 where they looked closer at the rules and think that possibly Dickson might be the 31st contract and would then give the Ravens a 4th Comp pick this year-a 7th rounder and the next to the last pick in the draft. (The other picks they project that the Ravens will get are what we've talked about before: a 4th rounder for Arthur Jones, a 5th rounder for Michael Oher, and a 6th rounder for Corey Graham.)

Thanks Ed! (We hope!)

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Dickson Giving Us Some Love (a 7th Round Comp Pick)?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Graham ended up yielding us another 5th. He played exceptionally well and his contract was only about 1m/year less than Cary Williams. We got a 3rd two 4ths and 5th for Kruger, Ellerbe, Williams and Reed. If williams is worth a 4th than I cant imagine Graham only being worth a 6th.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

We could end up with a nice crop of comp picks. That'd help for sure.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

it really sucks we cant trade them. they should change the rules so 6th and 7th round comps could be traded

With the tight cap situation, I think the youth movement is just picking up speed. I think we'll need all the draft pics we can get! What do we get for Rolando McClain again? Dallas's 6th for our 7th?

Blog Entries

With the penultimate pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Baltimore Ravens select...

--Mr Irrelevant's Next-Door-Neighbor. :D

I guess the one advantage there is you don't have to battle other teams for the right to sign the guy as an UDFA. So that's something. I guess.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

God bless you, Ed Dickson
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

So long and thanks for all the comp picks!

yes - we swapped picks cause McClain played the min number of snaps

At $795K for one year, I'm still not convinced that we're going to get a Comp pick for Dickson, but would be happily surprised to get one.

Last year, the lowest qualify UFA received a $1M/year deal, so Dickson is below that.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    At $795K for one year, I'm still not convinced that we're going to get a Comp pick for Dickson, but would be happily surprised to get one.

Last year, the lowest qualify UFA received a $1M/year deal, so Dickson is below that.
    Shhh! They might hear you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    With the tight cap situation, I think the youth movement is just picking up speed. I think we'll need all the draft pics we can get! What do we get for Rolando McClain again? Dallas's 6th for our 7th?
    They have their own 1st-4th picks. Dallas' 6th (swapped for our 7th) and Miami's 7th (McKinnie). They traded our 5th (Zuttah) and 6th (Campanero).

So, that's 6 picks, plus 3-4 Comp picks.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap