Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Harbs Combine Presser

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    He has also spoken to Steve Smith Sr. and expects him back
    Didn't he say that about kubiak, LOL.

I love the continuous talk about Jeremy Butler; it seems like he'll get an extensive look-see in camp. One interesting tidbit I took from this presser is that Harbs really is not involved in contract talks, unlike some other successful head coaches. When asked about Yanda, Webb and Ngata, he said Ozzie and Moriarty handle the negotiations. I'm sure Harbs gives his input on who he'd like to return, but I love how he's here to just be a coach. I think that's one of the reasons why we've had such incredible success with him at the helm.

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 12m12 minutes ago
    Steve Smith is set to return: http://rvns.co/377

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 12m12 minutes ago
    Steve Smith is set to return: http://rvns.co/377
    Awesome news. Barring injury, he shouldn't miss a beat in Trestman's offense. I'm throwing my hat in the DG-B ring for consideration in the first round. Draft him, and let Smith Sr. take him under his wing for a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    "Nothing definitive on Pitta." Blood flow is there, which is good news. Clearly not counting on him.
    Maybe, or maybe he's just trying to not give other teams insight on Raven drafting and FA priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    You have to wonder how that'll effect their situation with Torrey Smith. With the cap situation being what it is, they might be more willing to walk away with Torrey knowing that Smitty will be coming back. It's not the ideal scenario, but these are lean times, financially speaking.
    I doubt it. Steve is still a full decade older than Torrey and all the other WRs are undrafted or 7th rounders.

SSS has been a great return on investment, glad he's coming back. Players like him are very cap friendly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Mentioned Jeremy Butler as having a 'redshirt' year. Get ready for a non-splashy offseason. He talked about a lot of the young guys they have in house, and mentioned last year's RT situation. We all wondered how it would be addressed, and it worked out pretty well that they didn't address it from without. Bet is they are going to do much the same thing at many positions this year.
    Kind of odd. My thought is he's just trying to keep Butler motivated. Bubble guys probably start fearing the worst around this time of year with FA and the draft coming up. Might as well keep the bottom of the depth chart busy. Can't hurt.

Suppose it's possible he could battle Aiken for a spot on the depth chart.

I just get the feeling that Torrey is gonna test the market before he signs any contract with us. Meaning the odds in him coming back are not great. Yeah, Harbs is not involved in contract negotiations but he's not in the dark either.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I just get the feeling that Torrey is gonna test the market before he signs any contract with us. Meaning the odds in him coming back are not great. Yeah, Harbs is not involved in contract negotiations but he's not in the dark either.
    I agree, Torrey looking for a payday contract, every player wants one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Torrey is gone. I'll be really surprised if he comes back here. I just don't think the Ravens will give him the number he'll be able to get from another team.

--We can put a man on the moon, but we can't point a directional microphone so we can hear reporters' questions at pressers. One of my biggest pet peeves in life.
    No shit, it absolutely drives me crazy that you can't hear what the question is.