Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Forget everything else, the two positions of dire need

My ideal scenario (mostly status quo):

Restructure: Ngata, Webb

Resign: Torrey, Daniels, Hill

50/50 on Forsett: if we can get a decent deal, do it

Let go/cut: McPhee, Jacoby (post June 1), McClellan, Stewart, Reid, Tyrod, Canty, Gradkowski

Make 0 big or even moderate free agent signings

Draft:
    Rounds 1 and 2: WR and CB - in either order. No chance we actually do that, but there are quality players in both rounds for both positions, and we could have 2 starters out of these picks. Would love to get J. Strong and then one of the FSU CBs.

Later rounds: look for some safety help and some pass rushers, and maybe another corner. (maybe RB in round 3 if forsett leaves...probably still some good value in rounds 2-3 at RB position)

Agree with BcRaven and Ravenalytics. We need not focus on getting a "No. 1" receiver, but should ensure we have quality deep threats and possession receivers. We need to draft a deep threat, probably in an early round, if we don't resign Torrey.

Campanaro may well split time with SSSr in 2015 and return punts as well. He could be just as good as Welker, maybe has better hands even. And Camp will give you YAC. I don't see the slot as a problem. On the outside, Aiken and Brown have their virtues; Jeremy Butler is in the mix, too. I don't count Jacoby, who, if in super shape may stay as a high quality returner and only a spare deep threat. The Ravens surprised people last year at the end of camp keeping so many receivers when they got down to 53 players. The Ravens kept them because all of them had value.

I wish people would stop talking about Brandon Marshall; he is wrong player, wrong price. If we had the money to pay for a FA WR, we would spend it instead on a decent-to-good CB, I hope.

Blog Entries

SR is going to split time with one of those guys mentioned above or someone
    they draft. The Ravens site had an article quoting both Oz and HARBs that they've
    talked to SR already about reducing his time.

HARBs said something to the effect that he might need to take a nap-lol, half
    joking, I think, but the drift is less playing time for SR.

Another article said that HARBs did meet with Brandon during the SB so there
    must be some interest there.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    SR is going to split time with one of those guys mentioned above or someone
    they draft. The Ravens site had an article quoting both Oz and HARBs that they've
    talked to SR already about reducing his time.

HARBs said something to the effect that he might need to take a nap-lol, half
    joking, I think, but the drift is less playing time for SR.

Another article said that HARBs did meet with Brandon during the SB so there
    must be some interest there.
    With that Air, almost guarantees that a playmaker of some kind is a going to be the focal point this offseason. Either it be someone already on the team or someone to come.

Blog Entries

If your potential #1 WR is going to be 36, you better use a non- 4th Rd pick or later on a WR.

It's a little ridiculous at this point.