Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Currently $5.16M Over Projected Cap of $141.8M

Hopefully Ellerbee's and Kruger's lack of success will give other teams pause when it comes to throwing money at McPhee.

Blog Entries

I see this team getting younger next year and that's not such a bad thing

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Maybe. If I'm a GM I'd be leery about giving him a Kruger-type deal with his injury history. Plus that fact that he benefited greatly from teams having to account for Suggs/Kruger/Redding/Ngata in '11 and Suggs, Ngata/Jernigan, & Dumervil in '14. In '12 and '13 he gave the Ravens very little due to injury. We'll see though, maybe you're right.
    Looking at the younger pass rushers who should hit the market you have McPhee, Orakpo, Brandon Graham and Greg Hardy. Orakpo in 2 years older and has a real injury history. Hardy might not even play again depending on his legal situation. Graham is a good player but inconsistent. If I'm a team with cap space McPhee would be one of my top targets. I can't see him not getting a couple of big contract offers. Even with those injuries he's only missed 4 games in his career. That's not like Orakpo missing seasons or Claiborne or some of the other guys who will be available. I'm sure the Ravens will make him an offer but I doubt it's going to be close to what others will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why, because I wanted keep Flacco instead of cut him like you?
    You have over 14,000 post so I know you know all the tools and features of the board. Find the post where I said cut #5. You are part of the crew that use that exaggerating tactic against those whom you disagree. Not thinking #5 is great is not a call to cut. Stop being petty.

pssst. It's Friday. Put your goddamn party hats on and have a good time!

Big reason why although I'd hate to see him go, I'd cut Haloti as opposed to extending him.

That extra $4.5 million looks incredibly appetizing.

They also will likely have to do something I really hate to, but probably will have to and that's restructure Webbie's deal.

But as many of us have said in these "let's sign player X" threads and posts...we simply will not have much money...and don't forget, even cutting guys, you have to replace them. So cutting a guy who saves $2 million, will be replaced by a guy at the minimum...say 700k...and you'd really only be saving $1.3 million in the end.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    pssst. It's Friday. Put your goddamn party hats on and have a good time!
    Yup, the FO has their hands full, but will put together a team for this upcoming season, count on it. Meanwhile, TGIF. Oysters R in season, LOL

If their cap hit doesn't change, I can't see these guys coming back taking EVERYTHING in consideration

Ngata
    Jones
    Canty
    Koch
    Pitta

I did not realize it was that bad, this takes Marshall out of the picture. The options that's the Ravens do have will clear space to possibly keep their own players. Keeping Torrey just became priority number 1. Obviously the draft is important every year, but there is pressure to get some day 1 starters this year. Next year is going to be rough as well, thanks a lot Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    If their cap hit doesn't change, I can't see these guys coming back taking EVERYTHING in consideration

Ngata
    Jones
    Canty
    Koch
    Pitta
    Well, I don't think they will do anything with Pitta and I think they'll find a way to keep Koch while lowering his cap number.

But I agree about the rest.

I also think the team will be forced to restructure Webbie and possibly Yanda even though they really won't want to.

Another think that the team should definitely be working towards is extending Jimmy to lower his close to $7 million cap number.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JCro View Post
    I did not realize it was that bad, this takes Marshall out of the picture. The options that's the Ravens do have will clear space to possibly keep their own players. Keeping Torrey just became priority number 1. Obviously the draft is important every year, but there is pressure to get some day 1 starters this year. Next year is going to be rough as well, thanks a lot Ray.
    Keeping Torrey is going to be a lot more expensive than getting Marshall or some other cheap FA WR. I'm resigned to the fact that Torrey is an ex-Raven (unless something shocking happens). The Ravens need to replace him and his skillset with a cheaper draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Keeping Torrey is going to be a lot more expensive than getting Marshall or some other cheap FA WR. I'm resigned to the fact that Torrey is an ex-Raven (unless something shocking happens). The Ravens need to replace him and his skillset with a cheaper draft pick.
    Marshall is not going to be cheap by any means, and will like draw close to what torrey will get. If that is the case then you go with torrey. Like mista T said in a different thread torrey is 5 years younger.

Or you let Torrey walk, go with the guys we have and take a speedster in the middle rounds.
    These are the years that make Ozzie who he is. He will field a competitive team.