Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Ot - National Signing Day [Terps]

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Naming one guy out of NJ as if that is making a difference isn't getting the points I've laid out.

Having a real presence in an area is consistently getting 4-5-6 guys out of that area. Not naming one guy in 2-3 separate years/classes.
    2014:
    Tyler Burke PA
    Juwann Winfree NJ
    Brett Kulka PA
    Sean Christie NY
    Daniel Ezeagwu VA

2015:
    D.J. Moore PA
    Brett Zanotto PA
    Gus Little VA
    Isaiah Davis VA
    Darnell Savage DE

5 each of the last two year from neighboring states. If you want to throw Gage Shaffer (WV) in there for 2015 that's 6 there.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    2014:
    Tyler Burke PA
    Juwann Winfree NJ
    Brett Kulka PA
    Sean Christie NY
    Daniel Ezeagwu VA

2015:
    D.J. Moore PA
    Brett Zanotto PA
    Gus Little VA
    Isaiah Davis VA
    Darnell Savage DE

5 each of the last two year from neighboring states. If you want to throw Gage Shaffer in there for 2015 that's 6 there.
    5 from 4 total states.

I'm talking 4-5-6 from EACH.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

5 from 4 total states.

I'm talking 4-5-6 from EACH.
    Ah I see. Well we can agree to disagree, I don't think they need to do that to be successful.

You can make an argument that they haven't recruited Hampton Roads well, which is true, but until Frank Beamer leaves that's just the way it is. I'd love for them to break through and I harped on Ralph about it too, but it's been that way for 10 years.
    S.R. Genovese, Frank and VT does not get the cream of the crop Hampton Roads recruits anymore. They don't even consider Tech now. The Bamas, FSU, OSU, and even freaking CLEMPSON cherry pick the best HRoads guys now. Hell, even London at UVA gets better guys there now. Thankfully, he is just a shitty coach.

I am in the Frank needs to hang up the coaching cleats and retire fan club. He just isn't in touch with this generation of ass-kissed Twitter kids to recruit the 5 star guys. It happens, you get old. And VT doesn't grease palms unlike every SEC school. Oh well...

Blog Entries

Why doesn't Maryland recruit in Ohio? Alot of good talent in the 3 star ranks in Ohio. Kentucky has started to recruit Ohio hard since Stoops was brought in.

Ah I see. Well we can agree to disagree, I don't think they need to do that to be successful.
    I hear you...I would just say they haven't really been successful doing what you are suggesting...it's lead to a bunch of either mediocre or bad seasons.

Anyway, 2016 they are in line to have probably a top 20 class if they can keep the DMV locals as there is an abnormal amount of talent there this year. Hope they can pull it off...it looks promising so far.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    S.R. Genovese, Frank and VT does not get the cream of the crop Hampton Roads recruits anymore. They don't even consider Tech now. The Bamas, FSU, OSU, and even freaking CLEMPSON cherry pick the best HRoads guys now. Hell, even London at UVA gets better guys there now. Thankfully, he is just a shitty coach.

I am in the Frank needs to hang up the coaching cleats and retire fan club. He just isn't in touch with this generation of ass-kissed Twitter kids to recruit the 5 star guys. It happens, you get old. And VT doesn't grease palms unlike every SEC school. Oh well...
    I think it's about time for Beamer to hang it up too. Great career but eventually you just lose touch like Joe Gibbs did.

Who was the coach responsible for that area?

I remember when Beamer came in, he made the Hampton Roads the #1 priority.

Shame we can't get in there if VT isn't the big dog anymore.

Speaking of UVA...London has to be the worst coach in college football...he is the epitome of everything bad when you make a guy who is only good at recruiting a head coach.

VT's problem is that their offense and scheme has been majorly OFFENSIVE. Frank has employed some idiots as OCs, and stuck with them too long b/c of loyalty (Bryan Stinespring). Ultimately, its Frank's safe offensive scheme b/c VT under Frank wins with defense, STs, and running the ball. No fancy spread concepts. Smartly, no 5 star HRoads offensive HS players consider VT b/c its an offensive wasteland which won't showcase your talent. Now defensively, VT should be plucking guys especially when VT is DB U (at least some Tech fans call it that...not me but there is some truth to it b/c VT does get a lot of DBs drafted in the NFL). The stink they have obtained from the offensive side has now spread to the defensive side in HRoads, so VT is not even in consideration. Luckily, VT on the defensive side has a very good rep, so they recruit decently everywhere else.

In terms of MD making inroads into HRoads.... I just don't see Randy and his style working there. Maybe with McCardell, but doubt it. 5 star HRoads kids expect stuff if you get my drift.

Your tears are delicious.

Ugh, I'd want no part of Schiano.
    Why so negative about Schiano? I wouldn't hire him to coach an NFL team; but he did great work at Rutgers.

You are only talking about MD an DC players.
    I'm talking about the 3 states that surround MD in addition to MD. ...
    For this school to take that next step, VA, PA and NJ have to be states where we consistently get 4-5 players every year
    Does Delaware exist? :)

Actually, I'm being an asshole, but I guess that's a semi-serious question. Delaware may not count at all, for football recruiting - it's a very small state.