Page 1 of 312 123 ... LastLast

2016 Presidential Race

It's 4:30 in the morning and I am wide awake due to a teething baby. So what better way to calm down than to handicap next years race!

The early pick for my vote (and like very year, subject to change based on if the candidate implodes) is Scott Walker. I really like what he has done in WI, in particular his successful battle with the public sector unions. I was on the Rand Paul bandwagon until he came out with his moronic stance on vaccines causing "profound mental disorders".

As far as who will win, the GOPers have all but given back any momentum they had with the mid-terms so I still think a Dem is going to win in 2016, baring some sort of magical turn around.

Who are you looking at and who do you think will win?

Re: 2016 Presidential Race

To tell you the truth I'm a democrat at heart and would like to vote for one but I'm not a fan of how the last 6 years went. Speaking of how Harry Reid ceded the senates power to the white house. Our government works best when it flows how the framers intended. Three equal branches.

I've liked Marco Rubio since I've seen his speech at the NRA convention. If you haven't seen it check it out on you tube. I consider myself a swing voter and will cross the aisle to vote if I believe that candidate will do good things for the country.

The babies grow fast. Man seems like my kids turned into adults at the snap of the fingers. Enjoy every minute of being a father HR.

Scott Walker's most appealing attribute is his willingness to fight. He didn't cave in when the Dems and Unions tried to destroy him in Wisconsin.
    Rand Paul seems to have that fight as well. My biggest concern about him is if he is too much like his dad on foreign policy.

Blog Entries

Scott Walker is definitely someone to consider.

What bothers me about Rand saying that about vaccines is that his dad is a fucking doctor. Now, I don't know what Ron's stance on vaccinations is, but being a doctor I can't see how he would be in the anti-vaccination group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not excited about any of the potential candidates so far.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Scott Walker is definitely someone to consider.

What bothers me about Rand saying that about vaccines is that his dad is a fucking doctor. Now, I don't know what Ron's stance on vaccinations is, but being a doctor I can't see how he would be in the anti-vaccination group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This whole vaccine thing is a made-up issue.

BTW Rand is pretty in-line with his father on it. Specifically, his only problem with vaccines are bunching them too soon, AND being ordered by the govt. Which is pretty in-line with the libertarian streak of himself and his father. BTW Rand is also a doctor, being an opthomologist.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This whole vaccine thing is a made-up issue.

BTW Rand is pretty in-line with his father on it. Specifically, his only problem with vaccines are bunching them too soon, AND being ordered by the govt. Which is pretty in-line with the libertarian streak of himself and his father. BTW Rand is also a doctor, being an opthomologist.
    He also said vaccines lead to mental disorders, something not accepted in the scientific community as a whole.

I have no issue with him saying to spread them out. There's peer reviewed research that supports this. It's the mental disorders argument where he falls flat.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He also said vaccines lead to mental disorders, something not accepted in the scientific community as a whole.

I have no issue with him saying to spread them out. There's peer reviewed research that supports this. It's the mental disorders argument where he falls flat.
    Who also clarified......

Paul issued this statement today clarifying his views:

I did not say vaccines caused disorders, just that they were temporally related — I did not allege causation. I support vaccines, I receive them myself and I had all of my children vaccinated,” Paul said in a statement. “In fact today, I received the booster shot for the vaccines I got when I went to Guatemala last year.

And in tandem with that statement, Paul posted this photo on Twitter, taking a shot (ba-dum-tss) at the media for coverage of his views:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rand-...-misreporting/

Again this whole vaccine blow-up is simply a made up political ploy, much like the war on women and Romney's binders full of women.
    Back in the 2008 primary Obama and Hilary were all expressing concern about vaccine safety and how we have to study it carefully.

Blog Entries

Who also clarified......

I did not say vaccines caused disorders, just that they were temporally related — I did not allege causation. I support vaccines, I receive them myself and I had all of my children vaccinated,” Paul said in a statement. “In fact today, I received the booster shot for the vaccines I got when I went to Guatemala last year.

And in tandem with that statement, Paul posted this photo on Twitter, taking a shot (ba-dum-tss) at the media for coverage of his views:

Again this whole vaccine blow-up is simply a made up political ploy, much like the war on women and Romney's binders full of women.
    Back in the 2008 primary Obama and Hilary were all expressing concern about vaccine safety and how we have to study it carefully.
    Thanks for posting.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Scott Walker for me and I still really like Ted Cruz.

The Dem field is pretty weak at this point, but I guess Hilliary or Warren are the top candidates at this point?

Who also clarified......

The media didn't make up what he said. I don't have any love for the liberal media but he did say it and is now in damage control. Now those words were sandwiched between lines about timing vaccines but they were rather clear nonetheless.

His statement are a common view amongst many Libertarians (which I don't share) so I have no doubt he said it from the heart and is now back peddling.

And I don't think he claim he's being attacked by a biased media on this one when GMA spent a good portion of their news on Obama's own twisted vaccine logic from 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Scott Walker for me and I still really like Ted Cruz.

The Dem field is pretty weak at this point, but I guess Hilliary or Warren are the top candidates at this point?
    He's made a lot of enemies here. I doubt he'd carry Texas if he ran.