Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

This article just killed Trestman

Blog Entries

Re: This article just killed Trestman

What the author doesn't get is that Trestman isn't coming in as the head coach. The teacher stuff works a lot better for coordinators than it does for head coaches.

Sour grapes.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Good thing he's just here to be the OC and not head coach.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Well, okay. He's not the head coach, and Flacco is definitely NOT Cutler. So we'll see. We've been through the Cam Cameron era, so I think the Ravens will survive Trestman.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

he sound mad as fuck..as y'all stated he is coming in as an assistant and not a HC

Yeah, it doesn't worry me though. 90% of it is just a bitter Bears writer saying "His play calling isn't very good" then "The offense will be good in 2015, but in 2016, you will all cry as it crumbles into a shadow of its former self." It's pretty much just made up, he has no basis on which to predict that.

I thought it was particularly funny when he cited Tim Brown ripping Trestman. If you click the link and read Brown's quotes, he is CLEARLY just bitter cause he didn't have 1000 yds receiving during his first year with Trestman. That's cause Jerry Rice had like 1300.

There are a couple little valid tidbits about Trestman lacking the interpersonal skills needed to be an HC, but no one here will argue that. We didn't hire him to be HC cause we have a great one already. We hired him to do X's and O's and meet the needs of our franchise QB, which I think he'll do well at. Count me as unshaken by the article, the writer can have fun in Chi with other Bears fans and their 7-9 record next year.

Cutler is a coach killer. End of story.

Same type of stories here in Houston when we picked up Kubiak last year.

Sour grapes from a biased source.

In fairness though, Alot of this business is "what have you done for me lately?"

Those in Houston were killing Kubes when he got fired.

Those in New Orleans were killing us for hiring Spagunolo after their defensive debacle.

And Both Ravens and Eagles fans were absolutely irate over the Juan Castillo run game coordinator hire and ultimate promotion to OL coach.

Not everyone in the NFL is cut out to be a head coach. And most teams hire a new head coach because their team/front office sucks.

But most of these guys are smart football people. You don't make it to the point that Trestman has and not know football. The Ravens will be ok, evewn if he stinks. I'd understnad the concern if Trestman was out HC but enough of the pieces are in place and we've got good Head Coach leadership. We've had terrible coordinators before. And one bad coordinator isn't enough to sink this ship.

I also laughed out loud at the "journalist's" photo at the top of the article. I love hearing fat guys call skinny guys nerds. Keep it up Baffoe, nobody can see that third chin! The dude looks like a Roethlisberger clone.

Got this from Reddit:

I'm referring to the numbers here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/TresMa0.htm

I have seen this bandied about as some meaningful fact, and wrote up a response that shows how ridiculous drawing conclusions from this statistic is. I hope it helps stop this talking point amongst Ravens fans.
    I think it's an insanely small sample size and puts together his OC and HC years, but somehow ignores his QB coach and Canadian years, so it's cherry picking too.

And there are specifics in there. One second year the "fall" was first to third (oh no what a drop ditch the whole offense!). Another second year Rich Gannon got hurt and Rick Myer took over. Yet another "second" year Jake Plummer (who Trestman coached to the best year of his career) got hurt and the immortal Dave Brown took over. Clearly his coaching leads to second year QB injuries!
    Wanna hear another great stat? Every year he's been a coach (on that chart) the defensive takeaways got worse after his first season. Clearly he must have had some crazy effect on them...or the sample size is bad and you should feel bad for trying to tease some insane causation out of a tiny bit of correlation.
    Lies. Damn lies. Statistics.