View Poll Results: Deflategate- What penalty will be handed down by the NFL?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fines

9 22.50%
  • Suspensions

1 2.50%
  • Losing of draft picks

2 5.00%
  • None

17 42.50%
  • Other or combination of penalties (specify in comments)

11 27.50%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    What's the yellow one, I can't read it.

Re: Predict the Penalty!

What I'd like to see, and what I expect to see are two different things.

The 'investigation' will reveal the 3rd assistant to assistant to the assistant ball boy will be found to have been a 'rogue' employee and acted on his own - with no 'coaching' from Belicheat and no tucks from Tommy Girl and thus the NE Cheats won't be penalized and Kraft and Goodell will share a few drinks laughing about all the commotion they managed to create for the dead time between Championship weekend and the Super Bowl.

I truly hope the SB ends with Goodell giving the Lombardi to the Sea Chickens and presenting the SB MVP to Marshawn Lynch, who will give a 5 minute soliloquy in accepting the award.

Cool Re: Predict the Penalty!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    "After a thorough and comprehensive investigation into the use of under-inflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game, it is clear that a violation of the rules occurred. The illegal footballs were in the custody and control of the New England Patriots during a period that they did not meet the rules. The NFL has been unable to discover sufficient evidence at this time to conclude that this was an intentional alteration of the footballs rather than simply negligent handling. At this time, The New England Patriots are fined $ 500,000 and Bill Belichick is fined $ 250,000 for failing to supervise the proper handling of the footballs.

The investigation is on-going and further punishments, which may include further fines, suspensions and other penalties, may be issued to the team and/or other individuals associated with the team if it is determined that they were involved in the intentional alteration of the footballs. The NFL considers the negligent handling of the footballs to be a serious violation, but will consider any evidence of intentional acts to be a disregard to the honor of the league.

Effective in the 2016 season, the NFL will institute stricter rules and oversight into the supervision of footballs used in games, to insure compliance with the regulations. We wish to meet the expectations of the public in guaranteeing that teams will compete on an equal footing, without the slightest appearances of impropriety."

[ At this time they pray to the proper God that nobody pays any further attention and it dies a quick death ]
    "At this time they pray to the proper God that nobody pays any further attention and it dies a quick death..."

I didn't know they practiced to Satanism!

Blog Entries

The NFL will conduct a thorough and complete evaluation and will resist jumping to conclusions until every stone is unturned.

Expect a ruling early in 2027

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    What's the yellow one, I can't read it.
    Losing of draft picks.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Football fans continue to see the obvious, while the nfl turns a blind eye. Football fans suffer the most. Kraft becomes the greatest owner ever.

Unfortunately, the Pats won, and now Goodell has EVEN LESS leverage than before to penalize them accordingly.

From a PR perspective a large penalty prolongs the story and makes it bigger because cheaters would have then just won the Super Bowl! No penalty at least makes the story end.

And apparently winning one game (the SB) without cheating will makeup for the game they won where they WERE cheating (AFC CG).

Blog Entries

I could see Bellichick or Brady being suspended for the start of next season.

However, I think the most likely scenario is a fine and a loss of a 3rd or 4th round draft pick or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I could see Bellichick or Brady being suspended for the start of next season.

However, I think the most likely scenario is a fine and a loss of a 3rd or 4th round draft pick or something.
    (1) I cannot see that at all. No way, says I.

(2) A fine, and possible loss of late round pick, would seem to me to be the maximum penalty.

Personally, I do not see any punishment at all... Bc

So far SB win , followed up with ball washing of brady and belicheat(you know, greatest ever). Then the nfl will conveniently admit the refs blew it with procedure and those refs will do next years SB. Pats get their apology and substantial amount of money for being lied about( to come from the concussion fund set up for players, LOL). Finally, Pats get easy schedule next year with a promise from the nfl to change another rule that benefits the pats( maybe 5 downs instead of 4).

The last penalty is not for the pats, but for haters, pats will get free advertisement on tv for the next 10 years. There will be a pats win the SB special played every week on the nfl channel.

Since the Pats won it is more important than ever that the NFL gets this right.
    From what I have read there is strong evidence they have cheated with deflated footballs for some time.
    And if they cheated their way to the top the penalty should be more severe.