Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: What is the deal with Marshawn Lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Or maybe if the media's demand for him to answer questions was far lower and stop trying to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, maybe he'll lighten up a little and answer questions once and a while.
    Maybe the media needs to get smart and not show up to ask him questions. Put a reporter there that just eats the opponent of skittles for 45 minutes, no questions and then leaves. Make marshawn just sit there. Bet it will annoy him. The media has to be responsible for their actions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    im actually surprised by this thread. he doesnt want to do press. He wants to play football. He doesnt want to do press. He wants to do a tv cameo. He doesnt want to do press. he wants to do a tv commercial. The NFL pays him outside his seattle contract, im sure hed be fine doing press. thats not being a dick, thats just not catering to the NFLs every beckon call which frankly the NFL doesnt do the same for the players, so im fine with him doing so. Lets not say all players are required to do this either. Star players are. nobody gives a shit what the 3rd string QB has to say.
    All players are required to be available. It is part of the contract. Take it up with the union. They agreed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    All players are required to be available. It is part of the contract. Take it up with the union. They agreed.
    and he was, so im fine with it. now we have to control how he answers? if he says something even mildly controversial the media twists it out of control. I dont blame him one bit for not caring to answer their questions.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    and he was, so im fine with it. now we have to control how he answers? if he says something even mildly controversial the media twists it out of control. I dont blame him one bit for not caring to answer their questions.
    Who is saying his answered need to be controlled?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...cake/22435361/

I saw another article a while ago on him. Cant find it now.
    Well, that gives me a little more insight. Thanks.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

A Quick Reminder, Marshawn Lynch Doesn't Owe You Shit

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumJenkins
    The idea that Lynch owes his well being to the sports media is wimpy at best, and a passive aggressive bullying instrument at worst...It’s not the right language. It’s inaccurate and irresponsible, so stop it.

Even more, Marshawn Lynch already offers loads of source material for good journalism. Lynch puts his body at risk, cuts back against the grain after breaking an off tackle run into the second level, sheds arm tackles, catches passes out of the backfield, eats Skittles, and gives game footballs to his mother. Lots to write about.

...Most importantly, however, this perspective is silly because there are zero sports fans that don’t patronize a sport because they want more answers to stupid questions after a game.
    https://medium.com/@QuantumJenkins/j...it-7f2972adafe
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

From our local sportswriter: "Which brings us to Marshawn.

Marshawn, Marshawn, Marshawn.

Child, please.

Believe me when I say the media heathens want to speak to him about as much as he wants to speak to them. Nobody on this side of the podium thinks it's a great idea to have to be at the Bowl site a week in advance, as the league prefers, or to be unable to simply attend the game without staying a minimum four nights in a media hotel whose rates have been jacked for the occasion, as the league demands.

It's mandatory overkill, courtesy of the NF of L. Maybe Goodell should have to interview Lynch.

I attended 17 Bowls. What occurs is, you try to find creative angles to justify your expense account. There is almost never anything substantive occurring, but it's Super Bowl Week! so you plod on.

I've never held it against a player, for not wanting to talk to me. He owes me nothing. Just don't get mad at me if I write something about you that you don't like, after I've sought your input. Truth is, lots of players either have nothing enlightening to say, or choose not to say it.

Again, fine. I'm a writer. I get paid for my words to be better than theirs. Quotes are highly overrated.

Marshawn Lynch makes me laugh, and not at all in a condescending way. I look forward to every new way he stiffs the media. I think he does, too. But at some point, he might want to slip on the grown-up suit. As M. Lewis might put it, "Be a f------ pro.''

Lynch has to attend media sessions today and tomorrow, too. That oughta be fun."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/daug...weds/22459093/

Blog Entries

Lynch will be at the podium next after Russell Wilson. Hmmmmm.

Edit: he'll be sitting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who is saying his answered need to be controlled?
    seems nobody is ok with the way he answered.

then subsequent articles about not wanting to talk to him as much as he doesnt want to talk to them... so why is he up there?

going back to my last post, that all players arent put through this. when it was our SB there were pictures of a lot of the depth/bubble/PS guys simply sitting at a large cafeteria table by themselves looking at their phones. were they available sure, but again nobody cared what they had to say to even ask a question.

youre a superstar if you play the game well but just because you play the game well doesnt mean you want to be a superstar.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Best answer yet. After I saw his Progressive Insurance commercial I know he has no shyness issues. He comes across as a dim bulb with the "Ax" shit. Oh well, to each his own...
    I agree with you and HR. Speaking to the media is a part of his job. Be a man and do it professionally. I actually couldn't care less what he says...just act like a professional. Take the BB route when it comes to dealing with the media.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Damn, I blinked and I missed it. NFLN sucks. I should have left it on ESPN.