Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Gauging Forsett's Value

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't think anyone will overspend on a 29 year old journeymen that had a career year under a coach and scheme was familiar with. I can't see him getting anymore than a 2 year, $5m in my opinion.
    That sounds a lot more reasonable. I have seen 2/6, 3/10 and some such numbers thrown around and that seems to me to be a lot when you consider that top backs net $1.5M on some teams. If it goes beyond 2/6, as much as I think he is a great guy and a truly decent human being, I think we have to look to the draft or elsewhere for a younger 1-2 punch.

I don't see Forsett leving or even really being greedy, but if I was him I would get the max I could. They giy doesn't have the wear and tear of the usual 29 year old back and he seems super grounded as an individual. Pay him a short reasonable contract and draft a RB within the first 5 rds since you still have Taliaferro.

However for some astronomical reason Melvin Gordon is available at 26 and is the BPA or Todd Gurley makes it to you in the 2nd rd, take em.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I didnt like what i saw of him down the stretch frankly.
    24 rushes for 129 yards vs the Patriots, for 5.4 ypc. I liked that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    24 rushes for 129 yards vs the Patriots, for 5.4 ypc. I liked that a lot.
    He had a good game, no doubt. 24 carries were the highest amount of carries he had in a game. It was obvious in the 4th quarter they could run on the Pats at will, he was out of the game. Apparently someone was counting his carries. We need a back that can handle a higher number of touches. Forsett would be a great change of pace back.

Blog Entries

He wants to come back to baltimore :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-the-ravens/

... Bc

I think Forsett is too good of an asset to let go because he has what is so rare: vision and intelligence. He isn't a physical freak, he just allows the offensive line to do its job and follows his blocks perfectly. Not even Rice was that smart of a runner (remember him and Vonte getting into arguments cuz he couldn't follow his blocking?).

When you've got a line this good, a good FB, a good blocking TE (Gilmore), and good blocking receivers (Senior, Marlon), his age doesn't seem to be as much of a hindrance.

RBs are a dime a dozen. Only pay the special ones. We are still paying Ray Rice. I'd rather take a shot at a Gurley/Gordon in the draft than pay Forsett more than 3 mil/year.

Some suggest that we let the NFL's leader in YPC (5.4) walk before paying him less than we pay Sam Koch. Oh yeah, he's also a good blocker and pass receiver as well as a solid teammate and citizen. To think Flacco's success this year didn't have much to do with our success running the ball is naive. A 2 yr contract would be great if you can get it but I'd go as much 3 yrs/$ 9M before I'd pray that we can replace his production with somebody who is not on the roster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Some suggest that we let the NFL's leader in YPC (5.4) walk before paying him less than we pay Sam Koch. Oh yeah, he's also a good blocker and pass receiver as well as a solid teammate and citizen. To think Flacco's success this year didn't have much to do with our success running the ball is naive. A 2 yr contract would be great if you can get it but I'd go as much 3 yrs/$ 9M before I'd pray that we can replace his production with somebody who is not on the roster now.
    It's really more about the play of the offensive line than about Forsett. I think Forsett was good last year and he was surprisingly good on contact but very few top teams in the league have big money invested in the RB position.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    It's really more about the play of the offensive line than about Forsett. I think Forsett was good last year and he was surprisingly good on contact but very few top teams in the league have big money invested in the RB position.
    "Big Money" is what Ozzie paid Ray Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "Big Money" is what Ozzie paid Ray Rice.
    Yeah and that's biting us in the ass.

You're suggesting dumping more money into a position where we got Pro Bowl production from a veteran minimum salary. Hopefully Forsett isn't a hot commodity on the open market and he comes back on a fairly cheap deal.