Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What Happens With Haloti?

I think they cut him. With Jernigan and Williams, those guys need playing time, so I don't think they extend him. They can find someone else for rotational depth and save the money.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think they cut him. With Jernigan and Williams, those guys need playing time, so I don't think they extend him. They can find someone else for rotational depth and save the money.
    I might agree with you if KL-M and/or Brent Urban had played well in 2014, but with both on IR and Ngata coming back strong after his 4 game vacation, it may be prudent to extend him... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They tried to do that last year and Ngata wouldn't do it. Hopefully he had a change of heart or else he's gone.
    Last year the Ravens had no leverage, this Year they do. I think they value a strong middle too much, like the quality depth, and they like to mix experience with young players. They will find a way to make a deal that drops cap.

16m cap hit is not Haloti's fault, his agent won a favorable contract. But now he's overpaid and we have young depth on the DL. A restructure won't save much this year when he's good for 7.5m already. I think we part ways, keep 8.5m this year and 16m next. The same with Webb. we can get 2 CBs of equal ability for what we'll save.

Simple business decision. If we can not reduce his cost, he has to go. Simple ROI.

6. Re: What Happens With Haloti?

Right now, who knows?
    Right now, it seems even Haloti isn't sure of what he wants.
    Hopefully, he decides soon. Otherwise, the Ravens will have to cut him (unless he retires)

Blog Entries

He didnt have a reason to last year. He already said he plans to be back so i dont think retirement is on his mind.

Hes a leader on this team and still playing at a high level. I suspect them to extend him in the 5-7 range in a team friendly way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They tried to do that last year and Ngata wouldn't do it. Hopefully he had a change of heart or else he's gone.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    16m cap hit is not Haloti's fault, his agent won a favorable contract. But now he's overpaid and we have young depth on the DL. A restructure won't save much this year when he's good for 7.5m already. I think we part ways, keep 8.5m this year and 16m next. The same with Webb. we can get 2 CBs of equal ability for what we'll save.
    From what I remember cutting Webb only saves $2m after you factor in dead money so that would probably return less than what Webb offers unless Ozzie finds a diamond in the rough. Maybe a post June 1 release helps push half of it to next year if it can be used, but that would still hurt the ability to replace him.

I tend to agree with the Ngata view though.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedE View Post
    From what I remember cutting Webb only saves $2m after you factor in dead money so that would probably return less than what Webb offers unless Ozzie finds a diamond in the rough. Maybe a post June 1 release helps push half of it to next year if it can be used, but that would still hurt the ability to replace him.

I tend to agree with the Ngata view though.
    Brian covered this in an article.

http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...usy-offseason/

For Webb, it would have to be a post June 1st release.

If haloti goes, who replaces him in the royal farm chicken commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If haloti goes, who replaces him in the royal farm chicken commercials?
    Those are some sorry commercials.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This. He's gone.