Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter - Trestman is new OC!

One of the reasons Brady has been so successful (and he has said as much) is that he's been in the same offensive system his entire career. Think about that. Joe's has (essentially) three different offensive philosophies since 2008.

Brady has become a subject matter expert for the offense that they run, so any player they draft is going to fit in well because Brady knows how they'll fit. He knows where his receivers should be. He knows what routes will open up. He knows how certain sets match up against certain defensive sets.

Flacco played really well in the WCO. Let him stick with the WCO for the rest of his career and build around him. He's got another SB ring or two in him if they build around him properly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    One of the reasons Brady has been so successful (and he has said as much) is that he's been in the same offensive system his entire career. Think about that. Joe's has (essentially) three different offensive philosophies since 2008.

Brady has become a subject matter expert for the offense that they run, so any player they draft is going to fit in well because Brady knows how they'll fit. He knows where his receivers should be. He knows what routes will open up. He knows how certain sets match up against certain defensive sets.

Flacco played really well in the WCO. Let him stick with the WCO for the rest of his career and build around him. He's got another SB ring or two in him if they build around him properly.
    Truth, along with manning, Rodgers, and other great QBs. Flacco has been the bastard step child QB for OC's that have to have it their way.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Trying to bait Justlove, hm? Does that makes you a Master Baiter? Or just a garden-variety wanker...:p
    No, just a master debater. ;)
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    No, just a master debater. ;)
    Sounds more like a cunning linguist to me
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Truth, along with manning, Rodgers, and other great QBs. Flacco has been the bastard step child QB for OC's that have to have it their way.
    I think Harbaugh saw the revolving door and that is probably why this system will stick around as long as he's here. I think he eluded to that in the press conference after Kubiak left. The offensive scheme we run will become an organizational philosophy just like the defensive scheme hasn't changed much from Rex. Only the players, playcalling, and aggressiveness will change I'm guessing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Safe hire, I'm okay with it. I wanted Trestman here in some capacity, OC works for me.
    Welp, about that...

(hope nobody minds the thread resurrection, thought it would be interesting to see what we thought of the hire at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

And with a historical defensive minded coach.

Hoodie though has a system and has been able to replace coordinators when they leave with in house guys he's groomed and been highly successful...and frankly, if Hoodie had to call offensive or defensive plays, he'd be lights out at both IMHO.

I can't say the same about John, he's had 2 or 3 different types of offensive systems and the same on defense...what exactly does he want on both sides of the ball? Does he want a Coryell offense, a WCO or a hybrid? Does he want Rex's chaos, Pagano's happy medium or Mattison/Pees conservative? I mean it's a bunch of different systems we've had, but what does John want. All he says is we want to run the ball and stop the run.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I like it! I recall thinking he was on top his game when the Ravens lost in Chicago in 2013.
    Moderators please delete this thread. LOL Like pouring salt into the wound.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Moderators please delete this thread. LOL Like pouring salt into the wound.
    I thought going back and reading it was pretty funny. Even though it was before I started posting here, I was pretty much on the same page with most of the posts: thought it was a good idea to bring him in, especially since he said he was going to continue to run the same offense Joe was comfortable in and had his best year in, without reinventing the wheel.

Little did we know then that Trestman wasn't going to reinvent the wheel, just deconstruct it into a flat line (pun intended).

It really is uncanny how this guy has always been a 1-year wonder everywhere he's ever been (in the NFL, anyway... I suppose he had a lot of success in the CFL). His 2nd year in a particular job always seems to be a travesty that gets him fired.