Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Flacco declines chance to play in Pro Bowl

9+ pound baby? Well, we now know one thing: Joe's balls are definitely not underinflated.

Looking forward to seeing Frank Flacco tear up the NFL in 2040.

Geez, soon Joe's gonna have enough kids to start his own football team.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Geez, soon Joe's gonna have enough kids to start his own football team.
    Not even close for football, but he's more then halfway there for basketball, SMH

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Look at what this asshole Jason Lisk had to say about Joe not going to the Pro Bowl. http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/20/joe...g-a-baby-soon/. Yo assclown, how about do some research and maybe you'll find out that Joe's wife was having a baby immediately.

This is why I hate the media. They can write all this disparaging shit, and Joe is everyone's favorite whipping boy, but there are no repercussions for writing something completely inaccurate.
    You've completely misread that article. It's called satire. He isn't mocking Joe, he's mocking the Pro Bowl, and it's damn funny. When listing what Flacco would miss out on, this line was especially good: "He would never forget being selected on Team Cris Carter."

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    You've completely misread that article. It's called satire. He isn't mocking Joe, he's mocking the Pro Bowl, and it's damn funny. When listing what Flacco would miss out on, this line was especially good: "He would never forget being selected on Team Cris Carter."
    Which brings me to ask, what happened to deion. Him and irving did it last year. Did deion decline the PB too(LMAO) or is there a problem with him that hasn't made the news yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Which brings me to ask, what happened to deion. Him and irving did it last year. Did deion decline the PB too(LMAO) or is there a problem with him that hasn't made the news yet?
    They just rotate the captains every year. Last year it was Deion and Jerry Rice, this year it's Irvin and Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Look at what this asshole Jason Lisk had to say about Joe not going to the Pro Bowl. http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/20/joe...g-a-baby-soon/. Yo assclown, how about do some research and maybe you'll find out that Joe's wife was having a baby immediately.

This is why I hate the media. They can write all this disparaging shit, and Joe is everyone's favorite whipping boy, but there are no repercussions for writing something completely inaccurate.
    I read it as satire, but maybe that's just me.

Calling the Pro Bowl "the biggest football game of the year" immediately tipped me off.

Good call Flacco, now the sportswriters will have to wait for the spring in order to call you out for not working with your receivers. But by then , those 3 boys will be wanting to play with dad and I guess I know what you'll be doing.

Congrats to you and your wife, Family is where life begins and love never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Good call Flacco, now the sportswriters will have to wait for the spring in order to call you out for not working with your receivers. But by then , those 3 boys will be wanting to play with dad and I guess I know what you'll be doing.

Congrats to you and your wife, Family is where life begins and love never ends.
    At this point, who knows when Flacco will even know who his receivers are next season, unless he wants to go ahead and call up Marlon Brown and Campanaro. Maybe get Gilmore in the mix. We don't know what's happening with Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels, Dennis Pitta... even Kamar Aiken may not be here (though I suspect that he is likely to return).

Why does everyone hate The Pro Bowl so much? The fans take it more seriously than the players (like most things football related I guess). It is obvious the players enjoy showing up and playing, and we get to see them outside of the focused lens that is the regular season. They have fun, we get to see candid interviews, and players who would get to ply their craft with other skilled players who they would otherwise never get to interact with in this way. I know they make friends and form new bonds, nothing wrong with that.

I don't recall any player ever bragging over being selected for the Pro Bowl, I think they know what it is just as much as anyone else. And, anyone is lying who says they would not be happy to be selected, anyone who has a career in which they work hard and take pride in would be excited to be recognized in such a way. If they say they don't care, they would be lying.

I enjoy watching the Pro Bowl. We get to see players have fun, screw around, and see that despite what most of think, they actually like each other. Good fun - that is all.