Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Broncos finalizing a four-year deal with Gary Kubiak

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    To insinuate he didn't is much more of one.
    You must be joking.

2. Re: Broncos finalizing a four-year deal with Gary Kubiak

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    That begs the question, how long does Kubiak last in Denver until they run him out of town?

Elway wants to win a Super Bowl tomorrow and when that doesn't happen - and that's a lock, there will be no championship in Denver, Elway's quixotic fervor notwithstanding - the blame game will begin with a vengeance.

My understanding is that Kubiak and Elway are friends.

I give that relationship two years. In early 2017 Elway will blame Kubiak for the lack of a trophy and Coach K will be looking for another job.
    Kubiak's dream job, remember?

Thing about dreams is that they can turn suddenly into nightmares...

Blog Entries

If you were to ask me if this is going to be a success for Kubiak, I would say no. Kubiak wants to call his own plays. Peyton wants to call his own. Something has to give. Even if Elway is doing this to push Manning out, that still leaves Kubiak, not only without Manning, but perhaps without certain guys who liked catching passes from Manning or players in general. The bubble is about to burst there and Kubiak is going to be left with a rebuilding project.

Now, I understand that fans are upset and need to vent, but there will come a point where Ravens fans will have to remember that a person going back on their word is the only reason why John Harbaugh is here today. Steve Bisciotti gave Billick his word that he would stay. How long did that last before Billick was fired?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

why are all ravens fans hating on manning and calling him broken down? cause he was injured at the end of the season?

39tds 15int 4700yds 101.5 rtg...dont look like broken down to me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    why are all ravens fans hating on manning and calling him broken down? cause he was injured at the end of the season?

39tds 15int 4700yds 101.5 rtg...dont look like broken down to me
    At 39 it's a lot easier to get injured and a lot tougher to recover. Peyton keeps having issues when it matters most and every year he looks worse in the playoffs. Time is catching up.

Blog Entries

Sometimes this board makes me really scratch my head...

Theres no reason to be mad at kubiak. Its literally just being bitter like a dumped school child, except they have a legit reason to be so childish. Holding somebody accountable for unpredictable things that happen in the future is just mind boggling to me.

Thank you kubiak for a great year that our guys hopefully take with them going forward. Sorry the secondary cost us a SB. Good luck, youll need it.

Moving on.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Theres no reason to be mad at kubiak. Its literally just being bitter like a dumped school child, except they have a legit reason to be so childish. Holding somebody accountable for unpredictable things that happen in the future is just mind boggling to me.

Thank you kubiak for a great year that our guys hopefully take with them going forward. Sorry the secondary cost us a SB. Good luck, youll need it.

Moving on.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    LOL "Grow up"? Sorry, but that's just such ridiculous statement to make to fans. You fail to understand it's a natural human reaction to feel slighted and even a bit angry when someone tells you one thing and then does another.
    He didn't tell you or me anything. He didn't shake your hands, look in your eyes and say squat. This testimony you speak of was a prepared statement FROM THE TEAM.

"It is flattering and humbling to be invited to interview for a number of NFL head coaching positions, and I greatly appreciate these opportunities," Kubiak said in a statement released by the team. "But I have decided to stay with the Ravens."

That was from ESPN. Who knows if he even said that of if he just told them, or his agent "I don't want to interview with any of those guys. Please release a statement to that effect". It was basic PR and based on available data, it probably captured how he felt anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Good. It's over.
    We can finally move forward and find a decent replacement. (hopefully)
    I guess now John can go in to steve's office and say "I told you so. Can I pick the guy this time?"

I wonder if Jforce has found his new home or if Kardiak will pump and dump him too?
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    He didn't tell you or me anything. He didn't shake your hands, look in your eyes and say squat. This testimony you speak of was a prepared statement FROM THE TEAM.

"It is flattering and humbling to be invited to interview for a number of NFL head coaching positions, and I greatly appreciate these opportunities," Kubiak said in a statement released by the team. "But I have decided to stay with the Ravens."

That was from ESPN. Who knows if he even said that of if he just told them, or his agent "I don't want to interview with any of those guys. Please release a statement to that effect". It was basic PR and based on available data, it probably captured how he felt anyway.
    thats ridiculous. Whether or not it was authored on his behalf of he wrote it personally that was a statement he approved. If not he would have refuted it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Moving on.
    Sure there is. He's going over to the enemy camp with intelligence about our operations. He didn't go to the Raiders. He went to the Broncs and they are players in the AFC and so are the Ravens. I don't get all the generosity of thinking for Elway's team. Their fans will be ready and waiting to rub this in our faces. Fuck Kubiak's for leaving after oh a year when we are the ones who picked his sorry ass up for being curbstomped. Fuck him for not having the courtesy of a reacharound. May a thousand Jacoby Joneses outrun their safeties for all eternity.