Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ray Rice Grievance Settled

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    By Ray Rice. Ride off into the sunset with more money than you deserve. Your legacy is that of a fake 'nice guy'. I remember a Cleveland game, a defensive player claimed you spit on them. Being a pillar of the community and the spokesperson for anti-bullying and rude fan behaviour, I highly doubted the incident.

Then the video of you spitting on your girl, the least of which is knocking her out Mike Tyson style did it for me. A mistake should not define a person or their career. But, I was wrong, I really don't think you are or ever were a nice guy. Hope you can make the millions stretch beyond what a normal person will ever see in their lifetime.

Now go away and leave the city of Baltimore, its fans, and the team in peace.
    He seemed like a good guy coming into the league, but as the years went on it seemed he became more unstable. Maybe due to the head trauma of playing RB? Who knows.

He earned that contract, though. Consider how good he was from 2008-2011, and was paid less than $1 million per year.

Blog Entries

He could always do commercials for "Hawaiian Punch".
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    He earned that contract, though. Consider how good he was from 2008-2011, and was paid less than $1 million per year.
    I was never on board with THAT contract, running backs are easy to find and I thought they overpaid.

Blog Entries

I was never on board with THAT contract, running backs are easy to find and I thought they overpaid.
    I didn't like the Rice contract from day 1. Paying RB's is just not a good strategy. They tend to break down quick and you can find good ones everywhere.

While I agree with your premise, we might not make the playoffs without Rice in 2012 though. Not too many guys convert that 4th and 29, and he helped us win many games that year. So would you have rather not given him that contract and therefore never have won the Super Bowl that year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    While I agree with your premise, we might not make the playoffs without Rice in 2012 though. Not too many guys convert that 4th and 29, and he helped us win many games that year. So would you have rather not given him that contract and therefore never have won the Super Bowl that year?
    Or the earthshattering block that Boldin threw. can't have revisionist history, just saying I thought paying that to a back was a bit high, look at the production we got this year from Forsett.