Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Gary Kubiak Watch

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Good old "journalism" today...
    Mistakes like that have happened for as long as I can remember. Here's my favorite:

http://articles.philly.com/1998-06-0...ump-linda-hope
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

I no longer care what any talking head thinks, or for that matter what any of us think. Harbs is sitting in a room with Kubiak going over personnel. Either he has told the team he is going to stay or he will entertain visiting the Broncos.

At this point this is the only question I want answered. The longer we do not hear anything, the answer is the latter. Still doesn't mean he'll go , but the longer this plays out the greater the odds he may go.

If Gary stays here there is a chance Dennison goes. Here's to hoping Elway wants to wait on the Seattle DC.

I really don't see the great attraction of taking the chance of going to Denver other than for financial reasons. Whoever the coach will be is going to be under pressure to deliver ASAP. Other than counting on a declining Peyton Manning, you're also dealing with money issues with D. Thomas and J. Thomas (possibly losing one of them), a less effective Wes Welker (if he doesn't retire), an offensive line that needs revamping, a new defensive coordinator and Elway looking over your shoulder.
    I hope this new report is a false alarm but time will tell.

Opened up Yahoo! a minute ago and about pooped myself - on the front page there is a story captioned "Gary Kubiak to be Named Broncos Head Coach". But when you click on the link for the story, it directs you to SB Nation, and appears to have been removed. I am going to hope for overzealous reporting...

https://www.yahoo.com/

Sorry - missed that this was already posted above
    Last edited by Ngata Da Vida; 01-14-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Too quick of a draw

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    I no longer care what any talking head thinks, or for that matter what any of us think. Harbs is sitting in a room with Kubiak going over personnel. Either he has told the team he is going to stay or he will entertain visiting the Broncos.

At this point this is the only question I want answered.
    Schrodinger's Offensive Coordinator?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Opened up Yahoo! a minute ago and about pooped myself - on the front page there is a story captioned "Gary Kubiak to be Named Broncos Head Coach". But when you click on the link for the story, it directs you to SB Nation, and appears to have been removed. I am going to hope for overzealous reporting...

https://www.yahoo.com/

Sorry - missed that this was already posted above
    No reporting involved. Just typical internet bullshit

Publish first. Verify later

The only reason why Kubes would take the job is because Elway is his friend, which is also why he should not take it. Bottom line is whoever takes the job is doomed to failure. Manning's physical ability is far too diminished. I am not sure he has accepted it and is willing to rely on run first mentality. He is also not very mobile which is necessary in how Kubes system has been used in the past. Manning has always been his own OC. Does Kubes really want to have to deal with that?

On the surface this sounds like a match made in heaven due to Kubes time in Denver and relationship with Elway. When you look deeper you see that it is going to be high stress and very difficult to be successful.

It's telling that kubiak hasn't came out and put a stop to the Denver offer again. Personally, I don't care if he goes or stays. Flacco will always respond to whoever is the OC with his 100% effort . You fans need that comfort zone of the great kubiak being the answer to SB wins for the future. It's truly funny that kubiak can do it, because it takes the whole team to be dominant enough to win .
    Whatever happens, the Ravens FO will put out like they always have. Flacco survived after the other OCs left, he'll do the same again. Get him some sure handed receivers who can run routes good and get separation, that's all he needs. And a RB that runs like forsett did this year. The Oline has the potential to be great if injuries are limited.
    Kubiak can only be as good as the personnel he has to work with. He wasn't all that this year. Ravens still lost more then they should of. They made the bengals look good.

Blog Entries

Denver looks like they are going to part ways with manning and they should he is done like very done, they have half that team they are going to lose to FA yea they have 30plus million to spend but its because of they losing so many big name players, they are going to have draft and draft well to remain competitive I don't see them paying manning 19.5mil to come back and he won't take a paycut. It almost looks like rebuild mode for Denver but Elway is going to want to win now in rebuild mode is that the kinda pressure Kubiak would want?

Blog Entries

Yahoo almost gave me a heart attack with their headline. Hope there is nothing to it...

Gary Kubiak to be named Denver Broncos head coach

Kubiak was John Elway's backup during his playing career with the Broncos.

SB Nation

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    They told all of the coaches that they are free to explore other opportunities, PePe is a big question mark with his noodle arm, they will have to jettison some high priced players. Why would you want that mess?
    Nah. That's the nickname for my county.

sb nation needs to stop scaring ravens fans!