Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MMQB: How to Stop Tom Brady and the Patriots (long, detailed article)

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/08/how-to...-the-patriots/

This is a very good article, breaks down some of the things the Jets did in their one point loss to the Patriots in Week 16. I think with better quarterback play, they could've easily won that game. It's a long article, but well worth the read.

Re: MMQB: How to Stop Tom Brady and the Patriots (long, detailed article)

Its a good article and insight into the chessmatch........we do have the front seven to create multiple formations against the pass. Hopefully we can win those first and second down run battles too. Its probably the worst matchup for the Pats possible.

Their pass defense can really create problems for us with the two big Seattle style corners-- we have seen this in the past against Seattle themselves. Fortunately its Revis and not Richard Sherman and if Smith Sr goes one on one with Revis, I would certainly expect that Joe will go that way.......in fact whoever get singled is going to see ball.

New England wants to nickel and dime us with short throws and runs, get TDs, and then maybe catch a break on a turnover or something like that. If they can get up on us early, like Texas did, its going to be a very long afternoon.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-08-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Its a good article and insight into the chessmatch........we do have the front seven to create multiple formations against the pass. Hopefully we can win those first and second down run battles too. Its probably the worst matchup for the Pats possible. On defense though their pass defense can really create problems for us with the two big Seattle style corners. Fortunately its Revis and not Richard Sherman and if Smith Sr goes one on one with Revis, I would certainly expect that Joe will go that way.......
    Think you need to look at the stats of Sr vs Revis. I saw it on the pats forum. Overall i think theyve played each other twice. Sr has like 4 catches for 36 yards total against him.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/553171122515357699

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Think you need to look at the stats of Sr vs Revis. I saw it on the pats forum. Overall i think theyve played each other twice. Sr has like 4 catches for 36 yards total against him.

At least one of those games had Cam Newton throwing to Smith against Tampa.....Newton just can't match Joe as far as the deeper outs and passes of that sort....and Tampa played the Tampa 2 anyway so Revis could look onto the slants which was what happened here:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...vis-highlights

Is a game, and you have your best players compete. The attitude is that Smith Sr will win the battle this time......we have to give a guy like Smith Sr a chance to make a play, even against a Darelle Revis. Its what the NFL is all about. And Joe will give Smith Sr more options....

Adding this, a quote from a Pats fan on another thread

"I'd venture to guess against the Ravens, considering their propensity to run the football, use a FB and multiple TE's a little more, and take more deep shots that the Pats will run less Cover 1, and move moreso to a cover 2 and 3 as they have in other matchups this season. This will help them both against the run and against deep passing.

So it's not as easy as simply saying the Pats are weak against deep passes to the left, lets run Torrey on a bunch of 9 routes and they'll be successful. If the Ravens aren't in a spread look, they're best guys will definitely be matched up on Browner and Revis who are both good boundary corners, and the safeties will likely have more emphasis on deep responsibilities than usual. That's why it is important for the 3,4,5 targets to be able to step up and make plays against the Pats depth corners and safeties."
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-08-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Blog Entries

TL;DR version:
    1. Deception. Make Brady not quite sure of what you're doing & you gain that extra split second to create mayhem.
    2. Demolition. Hit hard & hit often. Make them pay for every yard.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    TL;DR version:
    1. Deception. Make Brady not quite sure of what you're doing & you gain that extra split second to create mayhem.
    2. Demolition. Hit hard & hit often. Make them pay for every yard.
    Certainly true........key to that is stop the run without stuffing the box. Its kind of basic football really.........

When asked about playing in cold weather, Tom Brady says he's a machine, baby!

"I know exactly what to wear. I know how many layers to wear every degree," Brady said. "I'm a f***ing machine, man, I'm a f***ing machine! C'mon baby!"
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...eeping-machine

Haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    When asked about playing in cold weather, Tom Brady says he's a machine, baby!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...eeping-machine

Haha.
    A machine that whines like a bitch. Guess the bitch setting is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    A machine that whines like a bitch. Guess the bitch setting is too high.

I just thought he sounded like a freaking caricature in that quote.

I like Joe's arm in the colder weather.....either way its going to be the team that can run.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I like Joe's arm in the colder weather.....either way its going to be the team that can run.
    Forsett's gonna have to have a better first half than his second half last week, in which he had 10 carries for a total LOSS of five yards.