Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Need a laugh? Gil Brandt has Romo ahead of Flacco.

What is Bradnt now, about 88 years old?

I take anything he says with a grain of salt. He's a Dallas homer to begin with, and he probably has some age-related mental issues at this point. (not making fun of it, just the truth for someone his age)

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    In Joe's last nine playoff games he's thrown 20 TD's and only 2 picks. Can you imagine – ?
    Most QBs go their entire career without even playing 9 playoff games. Drew Brees and Eli Manning have "only" played in 11 career playoff games, each.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    OK, but would Aaron Rodgers even be Aaron Rodgers if he wasn't drafted to Green Bay, coached by Mike McCarthy, and got to sit and learn behind Brett Favre for 3 years before being thrown into the fire? If instead he was thrust onto the Ravens offensive system, coached by Brian Billick, and had to start his rookie season (or sit behind Kyle Boller)?
    Fair question. No, Rodgers would not have turned into the player he is now, without McCarthy's coaching. Certainly not if he had to be "developed" by our shitty 2005 offensive coaching staff. (Billick and Jim Fassel, QB coach Rick Neuheisel and WR coach David Shaw.)

But man. We could have had Aaron Rodgers instead of Mark Clayton, and Vincent Jackson instead of Dan Cody. You gotta think that even Billick would eventually realize Rodgers was better than Boller.

Blog Entries

Its an excellent point about where these raw talents go making them who they are.

Rodgers is a guy that if he doesnt slip, then have to sit behind Favre, we have know idea if he has the drive to become as great as he has. He has a major chip on his shoulder to this day because of that. Thats not even taking into account of the offensive minds that molded him. he fits McCarthy's system to a TEE. If he went somewhere else and was a square peg in a round hole he may have been... Alex Smith. who knows.

I always say that when you see these great prospects come out of college and end up going to teams and being busts. Is it really that they were that bad, or just went to a bad team that didnt know how to use them or develop them. Thats why Im never too quick to brush aside somebody's elses cast off or bust. You just never know. Luckily our staff and FO understand that and take some chances on re-treads and failures.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    OK, but would Aaron Rodgers even be Aaron Rodgers if he wasn't drafted to Green Bay, coached by Mike McCarthy, and got to sit and learn behind Brett Favre for 3 years before being thrown into the fire? If instead he was thrust onto the Ravens offensive system, coached by Brian Billick, and had to start his rookie season (or sit behind Kyle Boller)?
    I don't really get into if's, if we drafted who, I mean, what IF Ray Lewis had gone to prison? Pointless. I roll with what is, fact is, Flacco gets little love from anyone save Baltimore and even then you have a population of Donut Eaters that hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    What is Bradnt now, about 88 years old?
    I have a game I play when he or Bill Polian are on SiriusXM, give it a try. Count how many times they say, "Hmmm, ahhh, ummm," on your way to your destination. Polian had 65 from my office to home, 20 minutes. That is one every 18 seconds, and he isn't always talking and I didn't account for radio breaks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    ...But man. We could have had Aaron Rodgers instead of Mark Clayton, and Vincent Jackson instead of Dan Cody...

Thing is that this happens all the time in the NFL. I wonder how many teams are lurking out there right now thinking, "We could have had Joe Flacco." ... and let us not forget that Tom Brady was a 6th round draft choice... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not even sure that Romo has shed that perception. It takes more than 1 ref assisted playoff game at home.
    That's a pretty reasonable thought, but I've read quite a few articles over the past week claiming that he has indeed shed his choker label. What's more, I've read at least a few pieces saying that it was wrong for anyone to ever question what a great quarterback Romo is and that his choker status has always been overblown. Umm, excuse me, but no... absolutely not. Romo had an incredibly poor habit for a long time of making a back-breaking play at an incredibly inopportune time. He did it again, and again, and again, repeatedly over many years. Anyone who thinks that is wrong wasn't watching the games. He does seem to have truly turned a corner this year (having a better supporting cast will do that for a QB), but just because he's playing better now does not mean that all past criticism of him was wrong. The revisionist history that's taking place with this guy among some people is pretty amazing to me. Perform well consistently, then we can talk about being more trustworthy in the playoffs than Joe.

Blog Entries

You've got to understand that Romo has great vision. I hear that over the past three years it was 24 - 24...WOW!
    ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You've got to understand that Romo has great vision. I hear that over the past three years it was 24 - 24...WOW!
    ... Bc
    Ha Ha! I approve of this post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have a game I play when he or Bill Polian are on SiriusXM, give it a try. Count how many times they say, "Hmmm, ahhh, ummm," on your way to your destination. Polian had 65 from my office to home, 20 minutes. That is one every 18 seconds, and he isn't always talking and I didn't account for radio breaks.
    OK I can't resist. I do the same with Brandt. I love his draft work, but not a lot outside of that. But he has to finish every sentence with a bit of a repeat of what he just said. A few examples below. Next time you hear him, think about this and you'll LYAO.

He's a really good player, is what he is.
    He made a great play, is what he did.
    He went on to be one of the best, is what he did.

I"m not making this up.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    OK I can't resist. I do the same with Brandt. I love his draft work, but not a lot outside of that. But he has to finish every sentence with a bit of a repeat of what he just said. A few examples below. Next time you hear him, think about this and you'll LYAO.

I"m not making this up.
    Now that you mention it, I can hear that in my head. Oi...

Cool Re: Need a laugh? Gil Brandt has Romo ahead of Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I"m not making this up.
    Are you quoting Gil Brandt or Yoda?

Never mind! They are both the same age anyway!