Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Brandon Browner vs. Torrey Smith

For as bad of a defense everyone thinks we have its statistically better than NE. For as great of an offense NE has they finished 11th over all and we finished 12th, on top of that Brady passed for 100 more yards total for the season and had 40 more pass attempts than Joe. I think The Revis and Browner thing is overhyped by far as Revis isn't the Revis from 5 years ago. NE is 3-2 in their last 5 games and only beat one team SD with a record over 500. GB shut their offense down and so did the Jets hopefully we are watching tape from both games to see what worked. Also the crying about Joe throwing the ball up for grabs is just that, He throws it deep because he can, when I grew up it was called a bomb now its throw it up for PI call. Funny how fans from NE and Den always say that, but then again both their QB's have noodle arms and throw extended handoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    For as bad of a defense everyone thinks we have its statistically better than NE. For as great of an offense NE has they finished 11th over all and we finished 12th, on top of that Brady passed for 100 more yards total for the season and had 40 more pass attempts than Joe. I think The Revis and Browner thing is overhyped by far as Revis isn't the Revis from 5 years ago. NE is 3-2 in their last 5 games and only beat one team SD with a record over 500. GB shut their offense down and so did the Jets hopefully we are watching tape from both games to see what worked. Also the crying about Joe throwing the ball up for grabs is just that, He throws it deep because he can, when I grew up it was called a bomb now its throw it up for PI call. Funny how fans from NE and Den always say that, but then again both their QB's have noodle arms and throw extended handoffs.
    1. Revis is still plenty good, but we can't just allow him to shutdown a third of the field. Still gotta test him, but he's still good, just probably went from A+ to A-, which is still an A.

2. One of those 2 loses, I believe they rested their starters against Buffalo in the second half. But nonetheless, Tom Brady was voicing his frustrating recently and saying their offense "hasn't been clicking for weeks" at the end of December. Hopefully, they come out even more rusty, but we can't count on that--gotta attack them regardless.

3. I wouldn't say GB shut down NE's offense, I mean it was a less than seven point loss for the Patriots, but they definitely did some things to frustrate and stifle Brady. That game against the Jets at MetLife is a blueprint I hope the Ravens are looking to mimic. They held the Patriots to 17 points and ended up losing by one. I would think the Ravens offense can muster more than 16 points, even with the vaunted Patriots corners checking our "average" receivers. We just need to get play action going and hit those crossing routes to the tightends, some swing passes to the RBs, etc. And the Ravens lost to SD, but our defense is much improved since then and I'm sure our pass rush and linebackers are much better than SDs.

I guess my point is, NE isn't this machine everyone thinks it is consistantly. They were hot through the mid part of the season, but quite pedestrian for the last third of the season. I'm not worried as much about our offense i feel we will put 20-25 on the board. I doubt we get the pressure we did last week due to the quick throws, but we need to get our hands up at the line. There will be some tipped balls in play but we need to get whatever pressure we can up the middle. I hope we use Torrey in motion to give him a better chance getting off the line. Motion with slants, than the occasional double move will give him separation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    you bring up some good points.

they have allowed only 9 less yards passing a game then we do, which means theyre not world beaters (and that doesnt count penalties which Browner is noted for). They also allowed 104 yards rushing a game. IF we can exploit that and run the ball efficiently well be in great shape, however that 104 is still a top 10 defense and our run game has been atrocious as of late.

as far as offenses go, we ranked 13th and they ranked 9th... maybe not huge, but based on our secondary being worse than theirs even marginally, they should (theoretically) be able to exploit that easier than we can theirs. as far as rushing goes, we statistically are better but... and theres a BIG but... weve been awful. dreadful. atrocious as of late. not even close to what the stats say. meanwhile NE has actually improved greatly in that area. Blount has added a hammer to their offense at the right time of the year (thanks pittsburgh).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 10m10 minutes ago

Opposing RBs vs #Patriots Run DEF in the final 8 regular season games: 507 yards & 2 TDs on 159 carries (3.19 YPC).

I'm not confident in Torrey against Browner. Maybe that's just me being a Negative Nelly, but Torrey, as good a guy as he is, he can flat-out disappear in games against CBs worse than Browner...

Though granted, if all we need him to do is run 9 routes to open up the middle/underneath, maybe we're not asking too much.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

It's not about yards, it's about scoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's not about yards, it's about scoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bend but dont break was working in full effect last week... lets hope it continues.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the beauty that is having a Revis is that you take away 1/2 (or a third more realistically) of the field by be being able to leave him on that island. that ability to roll coverage and tighten up the rest of the defense is the key...
    Which really really really makes me miss Jimmy Smith.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Torrey did beat Joe Haden on a deep route a few weeks ago, and Haden is as physical as any corner in the league. I think Torrey will surprise us on Saturday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Which really really really makes me miss Jimmy Smith.
    Ill say this, we still have issues in the secondary, but with how much we have improved lately, theres no question in my mind that if Smith was still playing and allowing us to rotate coverage that wed be a VERY formidable team right now. Its truly our only weakness (other than our missing run game at the moment).
    -JAB

You know, maybe Torrey runs 9's all day taking the safety with him to open up the middle. I think Aiken or J Jones comes up big and has over a 100yds. receiving with Marlon catching a few 3rd and longs to move the chains. Its going to need to be a group effort to in this one.