Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Spagnola back to NY? (Giants that is)

Just read Giant's DC was fired, and the Post reporting Spagnola is leading candidate.

Blog Entries

Re: Spagnola back to NY, Giants that is.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Just read Giant's DC was fired, and the Post reporting Spagnola is leading candidate.
    I think that will make some around here pretty happy.

Im mixed. He did great with a dominant front 7 in NY. if Pees would leave, hed be one of the better in house candidates to take over and run a similar defense to those Giant SB teams.

the good thing is, maybe we can get a young secondary coach that wants to make a name for himself.
    -JAB

Thank goodness, so that means he can never become DC here. His Saints Defense was at the time the worst in history.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think that will make some around here pretty happy.

Im mixed. He did great with a dominant front 7 in NY. if Pees would leave, hed be one of the better in house candidates to take over and run a similar defense to those Giant SB teams.

the good thing is, maybe we can get a young secondary coach that wants to make a name for himself.
    Hmmm. If only we knew a young guy, just out of a Hall of Fame career, who has Ravens ties, and knows secondary play inside and out. Where could we find such a guy?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Hmmm. If only we knew a young guy, just out of a Hall of Fame career, who has Ravens ties, and knows secondary play inside and out. Where could we find such a guy?
    Indeed...

has he retired? I know hes always talked about coaching though. im not sure were the right team for him to start with since theres still a good many players that played beside him. Not sure of that dynamic would work, though he was a coach on the field anyway.
    -JAB

Indeed...

has he retired? I know hes always talked about coaching though. im not sure were the right team for him to start with since theres still a good many players that played beside him. Not sure of that dynamic would work, though he was a coach on the field anyway.
    I have to say he is surprisingly awesome behind a desk. If he decides to have a career as a sportscaster, he could be great. He's better than Ray by a mile.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Meh bummer. Thought he was the leading candidate here. Despite some peoples problems with him i thought he could do well. We need to switch to more of a 4-3 base and as had been said his time with the Giants they were pretty good. Oakland you can just toss out. I wont fault any coach for their time in that cesspool.

Blog Entries

WickedSolo predicted this a couple of weeks ago. Just yesterday there was a report that every Giants coach was coming back and I thought there goes that dream. Today Fewell is fired. Spags to the Giants is still alive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Thank goodness, so that means he can never become DC here. His Saints Defense was at the time the worst in history.
    That was also bounty gate year. They lost their HC, GM, and some very good defensive players. I think he gets a pass for that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

A lot of people here don't like him for some reason, but if you look at what is being said about the Giants possible bringing him in, most are praising the idea and praising his work here. FWIW I was not on the anti-Spags train and would be sorry to see him leave. I think he's done solid work, especially with guys like Levine and Melvin, the guys they rolled with after getting rid of Brown and Franks (who couldn't play no matter who was coaching them).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Just something the Ravens will deal with in the offseason. Right now, his head should be in the postseason planning mode.

Indeed...

I've heard that most of his talk about coaching is talk about coaching High School kids.