Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Raising Arizona!

Surprised that I haven't seen a thread about this yet. So what the hell, I might as well start one...

I am not trying to get ahead of myself here, because we have a monster of an opponent this Saturday and any possible AFCCG opponent would be no picnic either.. But if...IF...we get by New England, it will be time for some serious planning and decision-making. Yep, I'm talking about the Dance. the Big Dance, and getting ducks in a row to pull the trigger if needed for a possible trip to Phoenix.

Currently, 1-stop flight to PHX are running about $475. Not hateful. Certainly nowhere near what flight to NOLA was costing at this point. And I found hotels in Phoenix on Expedia for $220/night although I am guessing that that is not accurate. Split 3 ways that is not bad. Having been to the last Super Bowl, I would do things differently. For one, I would be more than happy to go without a ticket and try to get one cheap there. Or not even go to the game and party in the desert for a few days.

Anyone else thinking along those lines?

I hear hotels have hot tubs where the water is a hundred and f*cking five degrees!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Re: Raising Arizona!

I vowed to never missed another SB. I F'up royally last time, won't happen again. But I was living in Denver last time and my significant other was butt sore after the AFC title game. Nevermore. I'll drive or hitch hike if required. I won't be there to cook myself in a hot tub either.

Can't do it this year. Mrs HR is preggers with HR Jr.

That's what I'd like to call a good problem to have. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can't do it this year. Mrs HR is preggers with HR Jr.

That's what I'd like to call a good problem to have. :)

#2?

Blog Entries

Would love to.

Starting a new gig in a few weeks, so I can't skip out.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I have to leave the Monday after the Super Bowl for a conference in Vegas.
    If we were to make it, that trip will start on SATURDAY and my ass would be in a car to Phoenix early Sunday morning. Easy 4.5 hour drive.

Blog Entries

I'd wait until Saturday evening before even thinking it's realistic. Just get through the Pats first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    #2?
    Yessir

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yessir

Congrats!

As far as the SB, its on my bucket list, perferably a Ravens ofcourse, but I prefer watching with friends at home than going to games. Cant really justify the money. SB would be another story and Arizona is a great place to visit, so if anybody is borderline, id recommend it just for Arizona and view the SB as an awesome bonus.
    -JAB

I'd wait until Saturday evening before even thinking it's realistic. Just get through the Pats first.
    True, but it doesn't hurt to do a little scouting.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Surprised that I haven't seen a thread about this yet. So what the hell, I might as well start one...

I am not trying to get ahead of myself here, because we have a monster of an opponent this Saturday and any possible AFCCG opponent would be no picnic either.. But if...IF...we get by New England, it will be time for some serious planning and decision-making. Yep, I'm talking about the Dance. the Big Dance, and getting ducks in a row to pull the trigger if needed for a possible trip to Phoenix.

Currently, 1-stop flight to PHX are running about $475. Not hateful. Certainly nowhere near what flight to NOLA was costing at this point. And I found hotels in Phoenix on Expedia for $220/night although I am guessing that that is not accurate. Split 3 ways that is not bad. Having been to the last Super Bowl, I would do things differently. For one, I would be more than happy to go without a ticket and try to get one cheap there. Or not even go to the game and party in the desert for a few days.

Anyone else thinking along those lines?

I hear hotels have hot tubs where the water is a hundred and f*cking five degrees!
    I went in 2012 to New Orleans and took a nice chunk of money out of my savings. IF the Ravens make it to Arizona I would like to go again. However, this year I'll be a bit more patient and wait to see the best price I can get on tickets. If something is reasonable (less than what I paid for in 2012) I'll go. Otherwise I watch at home.

When we went in 2012 we had to fly into Jackson, Mississippi Saturday afternoon. We ended up staying in Covington across Lake Pontchartrain and drove into New Orleans Sunday morning at 9am. In full disclosure my wife set everything up including the bid on eBay for tickets. The trip was very well planned and everything could not have gone smoother. The only thing I did was find parking ahead of time in New Orleans.

If the Ravens win Saturday I may start poking around for flights, etc. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Even if we do, winning in Denver again or Indy for the first time ever would absolutely NOT be a gimme.