Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: There is a logical explanation for media's recent actions towards the Ravens.

Thinking about Joe's contract, it hit me that, if I were #5, I might try to stipulate that a minimum level of cap % be allocated to OL.

You don't want to find yourself asking what kind of wheelchair you can buy for $120 million.

BS

Blog Entries

Re: There is a logical explanation for media's recent actions towards the Ravens.

EX That was a good psychological observation from the perspective of your career. I want to say you are right, lets be real the Ravens shouldn't be here right now, with the offseason and season we had we should not be here, that's what's dangerous about this team..will we win in NE personally I don't think we will but man this as been a ride of surprises and I wouldn't mind one more.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If Flacco helps win this game, wow. He is starting to come into his prime. Ravens have a great opportunity here to back up their post season pedigree. If brady gets outplayed again(very likely with the raven front 7), the media will go nuts.
    Joe could outplay Brady and we could still lose. That's what happened in the Evans/Cundiff game.

Joe has outplayed Brady in all of our previous meetings save the 41-7 travesty. (They might have been more even in the 2009 game, because Rice did all the work, but even in that game Flacco game-managed while Brady outright sucked.) You'll never hear a New England fan admit that, though. They live in la-la land.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

4. Re: There is a logical explanation for media's recent actions towards the Ravens.

Their main motive is so transparent.
    They desperately want to see Brady vs Manning, though they're willing to settle for Brady vs Luck as either will surely be a ratings bonanza.
    Manning vs. Flacco or Luck vs Flacco doesn't quite have the same ratings magic, and even rehashing the Rice/DV angle isn't going to help that, much.

I honestly do not know much about the patriots this season, schemes or tendencies. From what other people have posted. They run a lot more, quick passes, and rely a lot on gronk. Our front seven playing like they did in Pitt is in my opinion our only chance at winning. That is absolutely not a dig against joe whatsoever. The pats have a good secondary, and revis. As hot in here posted in another thread, they will sell out with the blitz knowing their corners will hold up.

If someone could give more insight/ analysis on the pats d I would greatly appreciate it

I completely agree Jcro. For the Ravens to win this game, they will have to dominate in all 3 phases yet again. The defensive front 7, the OL and running game need to be on their game this weekend in order for the team to continue in the postseason. They have the tools, so long as they can put them all together and play a solid game remains to be seen.

Two games from the Super Bowl. I'm so blown away by the focus and spirit of this team. Joe, John, and Ozzie for the next decade!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Joe has outplayed Brady in all of our previous meetings save the 41-7 travesty. (They might have been more even in the 2009 game, because Rice did all the work, but even in that game Flacco game-managed while Brady outright sucked.) You'll never hear a New England fan admit that, though. They live in la-la land.
    If the run game and defense hadn't been stomping the Patsies so badly and we weren't sticking to max protect 1 and 2 receiver routes on the few times he did throw that game, who knows? He might have outplayed him, then, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    I completely agree Jcro. For the Ravens to win this game, they will have to dominate in all 3 phases yet again. The defensive front 7, the OL and running game need to be on their game this weekend in order for the team to continue in the postseason. They have the tools, so long as they can put them all together and play a solid game remains to be seen.
    They don't have to dominate in all three phases. They need to dominate some facet of the game and not get dominated elsewhere. That's how the Giants beat New England twice in Super Bowls. They dominated with their front four and played well enough elsewhere that New England wasn't dominating them.

Get enough pressure with the pass rush to throw Brady off-balance, and stay on the field enough as an offense to keep the defense rested, and the Ravens will have a strong likelihood of winning. Conversely, have Joe and the receiving corps catch lightening in a bottle, have enough of a run game to keep 'em honest, and have the defense force New England to work for everything and the Ravens will also have a strong likelihood of winning. Shoot, the game could be stalemate in the trenches and the special teams pull it out for us. Or them (but I'd rather not think about that).

That's the NFL in the age of parity. That's why having a very good or great QB is such a boon to a team: it's a lot easier to pull off the "dominate something and don't get dominated" when you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Thanks for the insight into psychology of bullies man. Unfortunately I don't hear that talk coming from the Patriots themselves. Just have to stomp em in the nuts.
    I work in a similar field which is Loss Prevention. I have a background in Psychology and use it when I observe behavior on camera. Sociopaths and psychotics comprise many of those with criminal conduct.

Bellicheck (SP) is a winner and the Boston area is most frightened of us since their team is a dynasty. We seem to be their biggest nemesis!MILITARY men!.jpg

Gooooo Ravens!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    Thinking about Joe's contract, it hit me that, if I were #5, I might try to stipulate that a minimum level of cap % be allocated to OL.

You don't want to find yourself asking what kind of wheelchair you can buy for $120 million.

BS
    When it's time for re-negotiation, you sit him down and say, you got the contract, you got the respect. We're going to keep you as the leader of this team. Now, how much money do you want to take for yourself, and how much do you want to go into helping you win more titles? How much is enough for you? What are you going to do with $20m a year that you couldn't do with $15m or $12m?

We have a track record of spending every dollar every year, basically, in an effort to win. Let him know that the money he asks for is the difference between keeping or losing Osemele and Yanda and Wagner. That his first deal was the reason we had to watch guys like Kruger and Art Jones and probably Pernell McPhee walk away on defense. That we have to sign bargain WRs rather than going after one worth premium money. And then the ball's in his court.

I don't begrudge him for fighting for every dollar, personally. But at some point, you want to know whether you go down in history as a Hall of Famer, or a guy who was the highest-paid in his sport for a year or two.