Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Patriots fans afraid of "Jumpball Joe" and DPI calls

Was there any mention of this?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    That is pretty rich coming from a fanbase of a player that has not 1 but 2 major rule changes implemented due to plays that impacted him.
    Nothing else really needs to be said. What a bunch of whiners. That is a scared fan base right there. They definitely did not want to see the Ravens come up there.

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    Where does the myth come from that Joe just closes his eye and throws the ball up for grabs? I think Joe is incredebly reluctant to do so (see 4th&29).
    Progression of Flacco excuses:

Defense and Run Game (somewhat valid because he was a rookie thrust into the starting role)
    Ray Rice (the "Captain Checkdown" era)
    Boldin (Boldin makes Flacco better than he is because he makes difficult catches)

I guess now that Rice and Boldin are gone and this isn't the great defense of Ravens past, "Jump Ball Joe" is the next false narrative in line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy Supreme View Post
    I love that parody lol.
    I know it is to me and many the single greatest parody on the internet. I should do a Suggs Photoshop-chop of it.

The only thing your QB is good at is throwing deep to get PI calls. Can't even move the ball like a real QB(Brady,Manning,Rodgers)
    This one just kills me. I guess that Joes having thrown for 123 yards less then Brady makes him well NOT REAL. Man they are fucking delusional. Brady has 6 fumbles and 3 lost. Joe had 5 and lost 0. I guess that makes Brady a REAL FUMBLER!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    This one just kills me. I guess that Joes having thrown for 123 yards less then Brady makes him well NOT REAL. Man they are fucking delusional. Brady has 6 fumbles and 3 lost. Joe had 5 and lost 0. I guess that makes Brady a REAL FUMBLER!!!
    And how many fumbles did Brady pick up and throw for a touchdown?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    The problem for most teams is we have Torrey who runs by just about everyone...so they have to grab him and pull on him, etc, to slow him down. They get called for it and they complain. And the other part of that equation is that no matter how far our receivers run down the field, Joe can STILL get it down there...see Mile High Miracle. That happened because I believe the Denver DBs did not think Joe could throw it that high and that far. It was like a cannon shot (our should I say a punt)...high arching, but still over 60 yards horizontal distance from where he let it go. Heck, Jacoby caught it exactly how he catches punts.
    That high arc also kept Moore from getting into position. A lower arc and he's fine, even if he did bite on Boldin across the middle. But because of the angle that ball came down he pretty much had to be right in front of Jacoby to get a hand on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Progression of Flacco excuses:

Defense and Run Game (somewhat valid because he was a rookie thrust into the starting role)
    Ray Rice (the "Captain Checkdown" era)
    Boldin (Boldin makes Flacco better than he is because he makes difficult catches)

I guess now that Rice and Boldin are gone and this isn't the great defense of Ravens past, "Jump Ball Joe" is the next false narrative in line.
    As if Brady didn't make a living for a few years throwing jump balls to Moss and at Welker's feet.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yeah, I sure wish we had a real QB like Peyton Manning, who can throw those bubble screens to Demaryius Thomas and watch him run another 80 yards... that's moving the ball for REAL.

Aaron Rodgers is the best comparable to Flacco in the NFL right now, but with better weapons (and, to be fair, other superior skills as well). I don't hear him getting slammed for all those rainbows to Jordy Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yeah, I sure wish we had a real QB like Peyton Manning, who can throw those bubble screens to Demaryius Thomas and watch him run another 80 yards... that's moving the ball for REAL.

Aaron Rodgers is the best comparable to Flacco in the NFL right now, but with better weapons (and, to be fair, other superior skills as well). I don't hear him getting slammed for all those rainbows to Jordy Nelson.
    Exactly. I've lost count of how many times I've seen Demariyus Thomas run turn those bubble screens into 50-75 yard touchdowns. Until this year, I've never seen the Ravens have any type of success on those play designs...that is, until we finally got a real offensive coordinator.

We have to be ready for this. There's no doubt that Baltimore is going to try and take some of our players out of the game. You saw it last night as soon as the second half started. The hits got harder and later, every play had a few guys "accidentally" falling on top of Pittsburgh's players. The helmet-to-helmet hits that they never got called for, even though a referee was right there to tell the concussed player to get off the field.

We have to be ready for this and our players need to be smart and see it coming. We also need to match their physicality and show them who is "soft."
    ILMAO at some of these comments. They are actually worried that the Ravens are going to try and take some of their players out. Well DUH! Sizzle has wanting a piece of Brady for a long time. I can't wait for this game. LOL!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    ILMAO at some of these comments. They are actually worried that the Ravens are going to try and take some of their players out. Well DUH! Sizzle has wanting a piece of Brady for a long time. I can't wait for this game. LOL!
    I know this is just a delusional homer talking, but I'm honestly uncertain what he's referring to. I don't remember any Ravens going helmet to helmet in that game. I usually make a note if I think we got away with an uncalled penalty, but we played a very clean and technical game while still hitting hard.