Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steelers concussions- How was Ben even allowed back on the field 3 plays later?

Quote Originally Posted by houstonraven View Post
    too funny that people need to make shit up about ben when there's an obvious case of rushing someone back too soon in miller.

I mean, come on. Y'all are doctors now all of a sudden?
    he threw....a pick....to darian stewart. The man....was concussed!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Steelers concussions- How was Ben even allowed back on the field 3 plays later?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He was thinking that he had to score a TD. Bad things happen when you try to force the ball.
    Exactly. Go through his INT resume and I bet you'll find numerous INT's in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    he threw....a pick....to darian stewart. The man....was concussed!
    Sure, Dr Ginsu

Blog Entries

All I know is Upshaw has some of the strongest hands in the NFL... That dude slammed him with one hand and yes I thought he had more of a concussion than a neck injury. You don't reach for the bridge of your nose and rub your eyes with a neck injury. You reach for your neck. Rubbing the bridge of your nose / eyes releases tension from a head ache. Just Saying... I don't give a shit either way.

I got my clock cleaned on a kickoff return when I was about 13/14 years old- I lost NO mobility, but when I stood up, I was definitely dizzy, and didn't know where I was. One of my team mates had to grab me and pull me over to our sideline, and it took me about 30-60 seconds before I knew what happened. I was never unconscious (unless i was for less than a second, and came out of it immediately), and no one on the field knew what happened to me except the friend I was playing with (and we joked about how you "really do see stars").

I didn't lose any mobility, but I most certainly had a concussion. There are *many* different degrees of concussions and being knocked out is far from the only symptom. It was easy to determine that Ben's brain had bounced off of his skull on that play as he had nothing to break his fall (his arms were restricted) as his head was flung to the turf. It was easily diagnosed as a concussion- but yeah, the trainers were not going to take the heat for pulling the starting QB out of the game at that juncture- and that's what it comes down to. The whole "checking the neck" thing is how they get around the concussion protocol- it's an obvious farce for anyone with a brain.

Players talk all the time about how many concussions they've had, and unconsiousness just happens to be an easy symptom to diagnose- but if you think he left the game b/c of "neck stiffness", you're extremely gullible. He didn't even open his eyes for a good 10-20 seconds as he lay there prone. He would have been out on the field right after the timeout if he only had stiff neck- they jobbed the system.

Article that basically says as much (and has some twitter comments from some concussion council regarding the game):
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamo...gainst-ravens/

"you can't handle the truth"...

Blog Entries

He threw....a pick.......directly to.....Darian.......Stewart.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I got my clock cleaned on a kickoff return when I was about 13/14 years old- I lost NO mobility, but when I stood up, I was definitely dizzy, and didn't know where I was. One of my team mates had to grab me and pull me over to our sideline, and it took me about 30-60 seconds before I knew what happened. I was never unconscious (unless i was for less than a second, and came out of it immediately), and no one on the field knew what happened to me except the friend I was playing with (and we joked about how you "really do see stars").

I didn't lose any mobility, but I most certainly had a concussion. There are *many* different degrees of concussions and being knocked out is far from the only symptom. It was easy to determine that Ben's brain had bounced off of his skull on that play as he had nothing to break his fall (his arms were restricted) as his head was flung to the turf. It was easily diagnosed as a concussion- but yeah, the trainers were not going to take the heat for pulling the starting QB out of the game at that juncture- and that's what it comes down to. The whole "checking the neck" thing is how they get around the concussion protocol- it's an obvious farce for anyone with a brain.

Players talk all the time about how many concussions they've had, and unconsiousness just happens to be an easy symptom to diagnose- but if you think he left the game b/c of "neck stiffness", you're extremely gullible. He didn't even open his eyes for a good 10-20 seconds as he lay there prone. He would have been out on the field right after the timeout if he only had stiff neck- they jobbed the system.

Article that basically says as much (and has some twitter comments from some concussion council regarding the game):
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamo...gainst-ravens/

"you can't handle the truth"...
    This article says nothing. It asks the question if he had a concussion just we are all speculating here.

And the fact you have to call those with whom you disagree "gullible" and other personal shots is telling.

No doctor in the world would diagnose a concussion via a TV clip. You mocking other folks here based off your own layman's diagnosis is equally worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    All I know is Upshaw has some of the strongest hands in the NFL... That dude slammed him with one hand and yes I thought he had more of a concussion than a neck injury. You don't reach for the bridge of your nose and rub your eyes with a neck injury. You reach for your neck. Rubbing the bridge of your nose / eyes releases tension from a head ache. Just Saying... I don't give a shit either way.
    exactly. He wasn't even testing his neck at all when lying on the field- he was trying to figure out why he didn't still have his jammies on, and why it was so noisy in his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    exactly. He wasn't even testing his neck at all when lying on the field- he was trying to figure out why he didn't still have his jammies on, and why it was so noisy in his bedroom.
    You're definitely lying here, doctor, he was thinking did anyone get the # of that car that hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This article says nothing. It asks the question if he had a concussion just we are all speculating here.

And the fact you have to call those with whom you disagree "gullible" and other personal shots is telling.

No doctor in the world would diagnose a concussion via a TV clip. You mocking other folks here based off your own layman's diagnosis is equally worthless.
    Yeah, and no doctor would (remotely) diagnose me with Ebola, but if I just told them I got back from West Africa after visiting with dying patients, you don't think they'd know why I was suddenly puking and bleeding from my eyes? I wasn't asking a doctor to diagnose him remotely- just stating what's obvious to everyone- and wondering why there isn't more talk about this when two of their highest profile players both returned to a game within minutes of concussions.
    Last edited by cbaywolf; 01-05-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

You were just mocking people for "making shit up." It's called speculation and it seems to drive you crazy. No one has to be a doctor to have an opinion. An opinion is not making shit up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    You're definitely lying here, doctor, he was thinking did anyone get the # of that car that hit me.
    Maybe for that split second thinking Bart Scott had unretired?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old