Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sad Statistic

A Sad Statistic

So I was looking at the weekly league stats today at lunch and noticed that Matt Stover is third in the conference in scoring among kickers. So far, so good, but here is the line that caught my attention -- he's 7-for-7 in PATs. I realize we've struggled to get the ball into the end zone, but that's just seven TDs in five games! It looked even more lame when I noted that the placekicker right below Stover, the guy from New England, was 23-for-23 in PATs. Yes, I know that the Patriots are scary good this season, but 23 TDs to 7?

I realize I'm stating the obvious here, but we MUST figure out a way to finish off drives with touchdowns. Given our problems in the red zone, an occasional bomb might be a good idea. It is possible to score from outside the twenty, after all.

Re: A Sad Statistic

2 words: Fire Billick

Firing Billick won't make McNair more accurate or give him back his arm strength when he was "Air McNair" @ Alcorn State. There are 2 consistents since Billick has become head coach, an anemic offense and a lack of a franchise qb. Coincidence? I think not.

It's worse than that. Only 5 of those TDs were scored by the offense. :grbac:

The Bills and Vikings also have 5 each. No other team has less.

Hey, there's no where to go but up, right!?!

I love the firing Billick answer. That will work.....

We all saw how San Diego firing Marty Schottenheimer worked out, right? :grbac:

It is all Cavanaugh's fault. When are they ever going to get rid of Matt Cavanaugh? He is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBone View Post
    Firing Billick won't make McNair more accurate or give him back his arm strength when he was "Air McNair" @ Alcorn State. There are 2 consistents since Billick has become head coach, an anemic offense and a lack of a franchise qb. Coincidence? I think not.
    Yeah and it wont open up our Offense either.....oh wait....yeah it would....Fire him!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    It is all Cavanaugh's fault. When are they ever going to get rid of Matt Cavanaugh? He is the worst.
    Funny Billick held him back too!!! Maybe we could have been the New England Dynasty with a more open minded coach
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

The play calling has been wide open this year. The problem is we don't have the play makers. The only way we can win this year is boring ball control offense, good d, and solid special teams play. It's gonna be a long season. We'll be lucky to finish 9-7 this year unless something miraculous happens @ the qb position.

The San Diego ref. to firing Marty can easily be evened out by the example of Tampa Bay firing Dungy and then Gruden wins the Superbowl the next year w/ the same team. It can work BOTH ways.

IMO a different coach here w/ a fresh offensive philosophy could do more w/ the same team. We know what we have w/ Billick and he got the best defense in history to win a Superbowl. Is that a great achievement...yes?

But then he had one of the best def teams since that time and hasn't won a playoff game since 2001...and that is almost impossible to fathom.

Sorry, but he almost single handedly lost the playoff game vs the Colts w/ his "play not to lose and win 10-9 mantra"....what a friggin joke. Wake up people.

FM

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Sadly,it is called playing not to lose.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.