Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Excellent thread started on PATSFAN

I read that thread, it stands out as being unusually objective.

Here's one to get you fired up, this writer is a stooge and the comments are more typical of what's floating around.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/columni....html#comments

The writer attempts to take the moral high ground mentioning Ray Rice without any mention of Hernandez.

They’re also the most hated team in the NFL. Ninety-eight percent of the country will be rooting for the Patriots on Saturday, and mind you this is a nation that still likes to accuse Bill Belichick of somehow attaining all his success because of Memorex.
    Lots more quotable verbiage, but I don't want to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post

Here's one to get you fired up, this writer is a stooge and the comments are more typical of what's floating around.

The writer attempts to take the moral high ground mentioning Ray Rice without any mention of Hernandez.

LOL, i doubt jets, fins, and bills fans will root for the pats

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post

I would argue that the Ravens are more hated nationally than the Patriots. I think most non-Patriots fans don't like Brady and the protection the refs give him.

Really nice write-up; refreshing to read a reasonable analysis of a game that surely had a lot of emotional value for the writer.

I totally agree about Gronk being a huge difference. Mosley is going to have his work cut out for him keeping Gronk in check, but he's one of a handful of MLBs in the league who even has a shot. And by "a shot" I mean limiting that meathead to something like 50-65 yards max, because he is going to make noise regardless.

Excellent point about our beastly defensive front. Our front seven is helping the secondary in unbelievable ways. And it's so true that after a point it's not the physical toll but the mental one on a QB in that situation. An honest Pats fan would admit it's that mental difference when Brady plays us that becomes noticeable and has made the difference in many of our games. Last AFCCG Brady looked like Bad Flacco.

I too mostly expect a Pats win (different thread) but for the Ravens to fight and keep it close. This guy was on the money.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Won't they put Will Hill on Gronk?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

The Pats have become a good running team....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I'm dead serious when I say they are the team I like the least and their fanbase is the worst in the NFL.

Arrogant.
    Entitlement Complex like none other.
    Bigoted.
    Racist.

I've got family that are huge Pats fans, but they're on the wife's side so I don't feel so bad saying any of this. All things aside - my wife's relatives up in New England are good people. But 6 people out of that entire shit stain of a fanbase isn't going to sway me.

I'd rather rock a throwback Jack Hamm jersey while eating a Primanti Bros sammich drinking Iron City beers than associate with New England fans.

I loved seeing the Ravens whoop up on the Steelers, but they could lose the AFCCG and I'd still be moderately content with eliminating the Patriots again.

Fuck them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    thats an excellent break down of our defense. a lot of suggs and dooms sacks have come from pressure up the middle not giving the QB a chance to step up.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    That is my thought too.
    This is a case of defending them, like playing the Saints.
    Graham is their guy...a physical freak that is almost uncoverable.
    Gronk is in the same mold.
    Hill, if I recall correctly was put on Graham.
    When Gronk gets the ball, somebody needs to let loose on this guy before he even turns around.
    You can't let that guy catch the ball uncontested and running in the open down the middle.
    Mosley and Hill will have their hands full.
    And when they are chasing after him, Edelman will be doing his Welker impression.
    I do believe Edelman has really developed into a better and tougher player than Welker.
    And with their runningbacks, our defense front will have to play tough like last saturday night.
    Once again, I believe that in order to win this game, the Ravens will need to at least reach 30 points and get some turnovers. Special teams need to contribute, not hinder this time.
    And I think the Pats have watched and see our red zone defense and will strike from outside the 20.
    That's what I would do. And I would use Gronk's height near the posts or in the corner.
    So, Joe, show'em what you got!!!
    This game could be epic if we can solve their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    You have to after seeing how well, relatively speaking, he did against Jimmy Graham. Graham is a very similar player to Gronkowski, though a little bit bigger (I think he's 6'7' while Gronk is 6'6"), but definitely not as physical. Both of them are kings of pushing off, but Will Hill has the speed and coverage skills to stick with him. Mosley can limit his YAC too, with sound tackling and maybe forcing a fumble at the right time. We can't afford to have Courtney Upshaw or Darryl Smith running down the seam with Gronk, as they'll eat that alive...and OMG, if I see Dumervil covering Gronk down the field, I'm probably gonna punch the fucking LCD screen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm dead serious when I say they are the team I like the least and their fanbase is the worst in the NFL.

Arrogant.
    Entitlement Complex like none other.
    Bigoted.
    Racist.

I've got family that are huge Pats fans, but they're on the wife's side so I don't feel so bad saying any of this. All things aside - my wife's relatives up in New England are good people. But 6 people out of that entire shit stain of a fanbase isn't going to sway me.

I'd rather rock a throwback Jack Hamm jersey while eating a Primanti Bros sammich drinking Iron City beers than associate with New England fans.

I loved seeing the Ravens whoop up on the Steelers, but they could lose the AFCCG and I'd still be moderately content with eliminating the Patriots again.

Fuck them.
    EVERYTHING about this. Every single goddamn thing.

I hate the Steelers. Fuck them. Et cetera. But something about the Patriots is seriously, undeniably worse.

When the Steelers played in their three recent Super Bowls, yes, I rooted against them, but the two times they won, I felt like, "Well, damn. That sucks. Oh, well. Football season over." To contrast, I consider it the holy mission of all the other 31 teams in the league to prevent the Patriots from winning a Super Bowl.

Fuck every single thing about that team and every single announcer who rides their d!ck and every single fan who roots for them. Fuck them totally and completely. Fuck them forever. Spoiled frontrunners who defend cheating and pansy gimmicky football.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    and OMG, if I see Dumervil covering Gronk down the field, I'm probably gonna punch the fucking LCD screen!!!