Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: View from N.E.: "Why'd it have to be the Ravens?"

"And their linebackers are average at best."

Uh what? I stopped reading after that.

OLB Elvis Dumerville voted to the Pro Bowl with almost 20 sacks.
    OLB Courtney Upshaw does the tough work in the trenches (same as Jarod Johnson) as well as anyone.
    OLB Terrell Suggs was called a Hall Of Famer by Al Michaels last night and he played like.
    OLB Pernell McPhee will get a huge contract by someone next year.
    ILB Daryl Smith is just as solid as anyone in the league. Couldn't ask for a better player to replace Ray Lewis.

And that's it. Am I forgetting anyone???

Oh yea, CJ Mosely! First ever Ravens rookie selected to the Pro Bowl. That's one helluva statement given all the great players drafted by Ozzie Newsome.

This New England writer really needs to do his homework.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    "And their linebackers are average at best."

Uh what? I stopped reading after that.

OLB Elvis Dumerville voted to the Pro Bowl with almost 20 sacks.
    OLB Courtney Upshaw does the tough work in the trenches (same as Jarod Johnson) as well as anyone.
    OLB Terrell Suggs was called a Hall Of Famer by Al Michaels last night and he played like.
    OLB Pernell McPhee will get a huge contract by someone next year.
    ILB Daryl Smith is just as solid as anyone in the league. Couldn't ask for a better player to replace Ray Lewis.

And that's it. Am I forgetting anyone???

Oh yea, CJ Mosely! First ever Ravens rookie selected to the Pro Bowl. That's one helluva statement given all the great players drafted by Ozzie Newsome.

This New England writer really needs to do his homework.
    Agreed!

Blog Entries

With how well the rest of the article was written you have to wonder about the LBers being average comment. Typo maybe meant CB or safteies. Since he was talking about the secondary to begin that paragraph.

Anyways. Looking at the comments it seems like alot of fans agree that their worried about their OL against our rush. What was really surprising was nothing on Pees. Besides saying dials up exotic blitzes. Which i dont see as being his MO. He called a good game against them 2 years ago so hopefully he continues that.

We really need to get the ground game going though. They have a good secondary except for the one weak link that we need to attack constantly with Torrey. Something like 15 DPI in only 9 games? We need to move Torrey to we side hes on lol.

Overall im feeling pretty good. Hopefully Monroe will be back as we really need to be able to get the line set back with Yanda next to Zuttah to help him. Moving Hurst over to the right side. I know its different but its far better keeping the interior together instead of weakening 2 positions. Guess well see

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm sorry...but referring to the Ravens linebackers as "average at best"? Really?

Wonder if Tom Brady thinks they're average at best? SMH

You wanna call our secondary that? I'll buy that for sure as we all would say calling them average at best might be giving them a little too much credit, but linebackers?
    Yeah, OK!!!
    You know Brady is shitting in his pants thinking about the front 7 and those
    linebackers - Suggs, Doooooom and Mosley watching them sack Jen all those
    times plus Ngata and Brandon for 5 sacks and a ton of QB hits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Have a good friend who is a Pats season ticket holder. He texted me this morning and said they are not happy to see the Ravens. That's the one team he didn't want to face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reporting from behind enemy lines, (once again and loving it).

Pats fans are dismissing the Ravens out loud, but collectively hate the thought of their boy Brady facing us again.

More to follow.

It seems to me like the misunderstanding is more rooted in the writer not understanding who lines up where. If you lump Dumervil and Suggs in with the DL (which the writer does), the LB corp certainly loses some luster (although I'd certainly still say above average!).

And while Mosley has certainly had a sensational rookie year, you cant blame an out of town writer for thinking that a rookie linebacker will have trouble covering a player like Gronkowski. I dont think Mosley will struggle TOO hard against RG but it would also be silly to expect CJM to completely shut RG down.

Blog Entries

That article has a lot of "WTF are you talking about moments". granted its pretty strong in the Ravens favor for a local writer, but I lost any respect for his opinion when he called our LBs "average at best". If he knows as little about them and cant even research his article well enough to realize that our average rookie LB is a probowler already than I could give two shits what he thinks about anything else, even if it is our favor.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

All I know is if the front 7 continue to have jailbreaks at the snap, Brady is in for a long day.

My in-laws are all from New Hampshire and are big Pats fans. As the win was secured, the texts starting coming in. They did not want to see us win, and are nervous. If the Ravens play like they did on Saturday night, they should be.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    My in-laws are all from New Hampshire and are big Pats fans. As the win was secured, the texts starting coming in. They did not want to see us win, and are nervous. If the Ravens play like they did on Saturday night, they should be.
    Yeah. A mean front four that bring relentless pressure handed them two Super Bowl losses. I like our chances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post

Tom Brady on D&C dismisses talk of past struggles vs. Ravens: ‘Everything’s different at this point’

I listened to the interview, Brady wasn't as complimentary as one would assume. Feedback from local Springfield media is rather dismissive of the Ravens and true to form Dennis and Callahan are calling them just now quote, "modern day raiders that everyone hates" "they have a statue of a murderer" Suggs that just "smacks his bitches mouth" "they live in safehouses"
    All actual quotes typed while I listened.

Damn I want them to abuse these smug trust fund baby college boy privilaged aholes.

Blog Entries

Brady struggles more with up the front pressure. itll be nice to have Jernigan back for this one. A constant rotation of Ngata, McPhee, Williams and Jernigan would spell a very long day indeed for 12.

oddly I think Suggs and Doom will mostly be neutralized if we dont get that up the middle pressure.
    -JAB