Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilfork

Re: Wilfork

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Look at the guys playing next to Wilfork, Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovitch. If you slant 2 guys at Wilfork one of those guys is going hit the open side of a Tackle and get by. If Yanda is back at Guard I can see some serious pulling to get Forsett going. I agree that deep shots will be critical. Browner is a PI machine this year. Torrey has to attack him.

This is the best Pats defense we've seen in many years. The offense needs to be humming for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This game will be won and lost in the trenches. We all know how Joe plays when he's protected. When he spends the game running for his life he makes mistakes (like most QB's).

If Monroe is back that will be HUGE to get Yanda back inside. Either way they have a great front 7, but so do we.

We did a great job yesterday in the trenches and that's gonna need to continue.

Wilfork isn't what he used to be, but is still a game changer. Zuttah will need help

As nice as it would be to slide Yanda back to his normal position (if Monroe comes back), I think the Ravens are stronger on the right side keeping Yanda at RT and Urschel at RG then moving Yanda back to RG and bringing Hurst in at RT. I know Yanda is better at his natural position but collectively I think the right side is better with Urschel/Yanda then Yanda/Hurst. imho anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I just do not see Zuttah having a good game next week. He's still better than Gino but somehow the offense needs to scheme to minimize his responsibilities.
    I feel the same way. The line wasn't great against the Steelers. Zuttah got pushed back way too easily. Will be a tough one.

Blog Entries

Don't run at him for crying out loud until the 3rd quarter.

He's been good. I don't think he's as dominant as he was since he is older and tore his achilles, but he's still a guy the OL has to account for.

I will say this though, our DL has been relatively deep so we haven't had to exhaust him like we did in years past. Siliga was out on IR but since he's come back on he's been good. Branch was a good midseason pickup. Jones is our best pass rushing DL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    He's been good. I don't think he's as dominant as he was since he is older and tore his achilles, but he's still a guy the OL has to account for.

I will say this though, our DL has been relatively deep so we haven't had to exhaust him like we did in years past. Siliga was out on IR but since he's come back on he's been good. Branch was a good midseason pickup. Jones is our best pass rushing DL.
    Jones is a monster when he's healthy. He's one of those guys who can be unblockable at times. The Ravens have a couple like that too and we know what a huge impact pass rushers at that level can have.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jones is a monster when he's healthy. He's one of those guys who can be unblockable at times. The Ravens have a couple like that too and we know what a huge impact pass rushers at that level can have.
    I was actually talking about Chris Jones being our best interior pass rusher. Being our "best inside rusher" is relative though since the other interior guys don't offer much pass rush.

Chandler plays a hybrid OLB/DE. But you are right, he is our best rusher overall. I think he's gonna have a big impact come Saturday. One thing you guys will see is inside blitzes from our two ILBs Hightower and Collins. That's where we'll get our pressure from the inside.

Blog Entries

This hopefully shapes up as a low scoring slobberknocker.

They beat the Broncos,Lions and Bengals all at home. Their best road games were beating Colts and San Diego.
    My quick analysis is that they have a harder time with tough defensive teams than against teams featuring a QB driven offense.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Combo blocks will be needed so our Ts are going to have their hands full. they have decent edge rushers but our communication will have to be great to have no break downs. physically I think we can handle it, mentally im not sure with possibly 2 rookies on the line.

KO knocking harrison away was a key play to the game so flacco could hit torrey for a TD. in NE that likely doesnt happen because hes going to have his hands full with Wilfork. Hurst and Urschel are going to have a real test on their hands.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Aiken, Brown and Campanaro will have to make plays in this game for the Ravens to win IMO.
    I think that's the big key on offense: getting production from third and fourth receivers, and the tight ends.

Browner might be a PI machine, but he's also a fairly solid cover guy. Revis is Revis.

Controlling Wilfork and getting production from receivers other than the Smiths is going to be the only way to keep the chains moving early. Bellichek will do what it takes to stymie the running game, and he's traditionally had success against Kubiak's offense. The Patriots aren't worried about facing a Zone Blocking Scheme. They've beaten it before.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    I was actually talking about Chris Jones being our best interior pass rusher. Being our "best inside rusher" is relative though since the other interior guys don't offer much pass rush.

Chandler plays a hybrid OLB/DE. But you are right, he is our best rusher overall. I think he's gonna have a big impact come Saturday. One thing you guys will see is inside blitzes from our two ILBs Hightower and Collins. That's where we'll get our pressure from the inside.
    One thing Forsett has done surprisingly well, relative to his size, is pick up blitz pressure. He kept Polamalu off Joe on at least one key play Saturday. Just a couple years ago the Ravens were running frequent variants of this blitz to get Lewis and Ellerbe into the backfield... it can be devastating when properly timed, there's just no way to get a throw down the field with a leaping ILB in your face. Hopefully the Ravens will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I think that's the big key on offense: getting production from third and fourth receivers, and the tight ends.

Browner might be a PI machine, but he's also a fairly solid cover guy. Revis is Revis.

Controlling Wilfork and getting production from receivers other than the Smiths is going to be the only way to keep the chains moving early. Bellichek will do what it takes to stymie the running game, and he's traditionally had success against Kubiak's offense. The Patriots aren't worried about facing a Zone Blocking Scheme. They've beaten it before.
    Frankly I don't think the superstar CB play from Revis and Browner will be the difference in the game. Why? Our WRs aren't very good at getting separation from average corners, so elite corners will lock them down exactly the same amount. We'll be relying on scheme, not individual receiving excellence, to get players open for Joe.

Revis shines when he's taking away the elite #1 WRs and leaving QBs not knowing what to do once they're gone. The Andy Daltons and Matt Ryans and Matt Staffords of the world, who have built their reputations on having a true premium weapon, flounder when that weapon is marginalized. The Ravens have never had that luxury.