Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilfork

Blog Entries

Re: Wilfork

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    But he recovered Flacco's fumble deep in Raven territory. Big play for Ravens to keep the ball.
    Didn't Flacco fumble off of Zuttah's helmet?

Zuttah sacked Flacco twice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Look at the guys playing next to Wilfork, Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovitch. If you slant 2 guys at Wilfork one of those guys is going hit the open side of a Tackle and get by. If Yanda is back at Guard I can see some serious pulling to get Forsett going. I agree that deep shots will be critical. Browner is a PI machine this year. Torrey has to attack him.

This is the best Pats defense we've seen in many years. The offense needs to be humming for this one.
    Totally agree.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Look at the guys playing next to Wilfork, Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovitch. If you slant 2 guys at Wilfork one of those guys is going hit the open side of a Tackle and get by. If Yanda is back at Guard I can see some serious pulling to get Forsett going. I agree that deep shots will be critical. Browner is a PI machine this year. Torrey has to attack him.

This is the best Pats defense we've seen in many years. The offense needs to be humming for this one.
    I understand your point. The expectation then is for Forsett or Pierce to beat them to the hole/crease before that free runner can get to them. I will also say that even though going head up on Wilfork is not prudent, KO did a good job against him in the 2012-13 AFC title game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Didn't Flacco fumble off of Zuttah's helmet?

Zuttah sacked Flacco twice.
    Lol truth.

Blog Entries

Aiken, Brown and Campanaro will have to make plays in this game for the Ravens to win IMO.

Blog Entries

i believe they have 7 first round draft picks on that defense. It's legit.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    i believe they have 7 first round draft picks on that defense. It's legit.
    It is. They add guys like Talib and Revis every year. While we constantly troll through the scrap heap.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    It is. They add guys like Talib and Revis every year. While we constantly troll through the scrap heap.
    For an organization that hasn't won anything in 11 years you're giving them way too much credit. Tell me who else they've added besides Talib, Revis and Browner?

This game will be won and lost in the trenches. We all know how Joe plays when he's protected. When he spends the game running for his life he makes mistakes (like most QB's).

If Monroe is back that will be HUGE to get Yanda back inside. Either way they have a great front 7, but so do we.

We did a great job yesterday in the trenches and that's gonna need to continue.

Wilfork isn't what he used to be, but is still a game changer. Zuttah will need help
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Wilifork can still be dominant when he wants to. When they played KC this year, I watched the first couple defensive series for the Patriots and VW made a handful of plays that had to be seen on replay to be believed. My favorite came on a run that went to the side VW wasnt on (because really, who runs AT someone like VW) when Vince pushed a guard completely into the backfield, ran across the formation behind the line and ran down the RB from behind before he hit the seam. Yeah.

On the other hand, either VW wore down by halftime or had simply given up on what became a blowout win for KC.

Blog Entries

Zuttah better get his shit together. I couldn't stomach wilfork wrecking another game.

I just do not see Zuttah having a good game next week. He's still better than Gino but somehow the offense needs to scheme to minimize his responsibilities.