Great steeler offense forgets to show up.

Really, one of the worse secondaries in the league and only 17 points. The steeler offense has been rolling until this game. Did Br cement his legacy tonight, hell no, tomorrow he will have a concussion. Tomlin gave in again and it helped the Raven defense. Another chance to show that stats do not win in postseason for BR. Flacco's stats are what you need in postseason play.

Blog Entries

Re: Great steeler offense forgets to show up.

The secondary was better than it seemed like on paper. I tried to make this argument before the game. Webb has been playing better and Melvin has been pretty damn solid since he first played. We did play some shit QB's down the stretch, but I really thought the secondary improved in spite of playing shit QB's.

Blog Entries

Weird how Bell is out, and Ben and those pussy WR screens were about good enough for several 40+ yard FG attempts.

But hey his completion percentage and yards were awesome (aka inflated)

Five sacks and a bunch of beat downs will help the secondary quite a bit. Overall, the Ravens' defense rose to the occasion and laid the wood on Pittsburgh. It was evident in knocking two guys (however briefly) out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Really, one of the worse secondaries in the league and only 15 points. The steeler offense has been rolling until this game. Did Br cement his legacy tonight, hell no, tomorrow he will have a concussion. Tomlin gave in again and it helped the Raven defense. Another chance to show that stats do not win in postseason for BR. Flacco's stats are what you need in postseason play.
    Fixed it for ya. 2 points came off the safety.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I kept saying to my friend how surprised I was at how much Shittsburgh was running the ball after the game began. "Big" Ben can't beat Rashaan Melvin??

Missing one of the best RB's in the game (who also caught a lot of those balls was a difference in this game. We didn't have to account for their run game at all. When a team is as one dimensional as Pittsburgh was last night, this defense can and will Tee-off on them.
    But the Raven Offensive line played out of their mind good! Keeping the Defense fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Really, one of the worse secondaries in the league and only 17 points. The steeler offense has been rolling until this game. Did Br cement his legacy tonight, hell no, tomorrow he will have a concussion. Tomlin gave in again and it helped the Raven defense. Another chance to show that stats do not win in postseason for BR. Flacco's stats are what you need in postseason play.
    Honestly that's misleading.

The Steelers beat ATL 27-20 with the offense scoring 20 pts.(pick 6 led to the other)
    The Steelers beat KC 20-12
    The Steelers beat Cincy 27-17 but 7 came on a punt return

The bottom line is the Steelers piled up yards but not a tremendous amount of points. Also Ben threw fro 32 TD's in the reg. season. 12 came in two games.

I was criticized in another thread for saying the Ravens could hold the Steelers to 20-23pts. That theory was in part based on what the Steelers truly did over the last quarter of the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

The Steelers beat ATL 27-20 with the offense scoring 20 pts.(pick 6 led to the other)

The bottom line is the Steelers piled up yards but not a tremendous amount of points. Also Ben threw fro 32 TD's in the reg. season. 12 came in two games.

I was criticized in another thread for saying the Ravens could hold the Steelers to 20-23pts. That theory was in part based on what the Steelers truly did over the last quarter of the season.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

Number 2 offense in the NFL, beaten by a Dean Pees defense.