Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Wicked's Way Too Early Mock, Version 2 [Four rounds]

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Once again Piss got knocked out of the POs because of their corners, in part.
    Old man SR had 100 yards, Torrey with a big TD and should have had 2, even the rookie TE Gilmore was wide open running to the side line for a 20 yard TD as he just waltzed in.

The need to draft a corner early but probably won't.

Ravens secondary will be a strength next year with Jimmy back,
    Webb did well last night and the additions of Hill and Melvin plus
    Elam with a big INT on a conversion.
    Have them taking a corner in the 2nd. That's still pretty early.

Next year is a pretty lackluster cornerback class. There are a couple of decent guys, but none that I really would like to see Baltimore go for in round-1.

Furthermore, keep in mind that with Jimmy and Asa coming back from injury they'll have the following:

Jimmy
    Webb
    Melvin
    Asa

It also won't be expensive to keep Cason or Levine.

My point is that with Melvin stepping up and looking like a pretty good player, the Ravens' secondary looks a lot better than it did a few weeks ago.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What would it take to acquire Kelce from KC? Dude seems like he is made for AFCN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    What would it take to acquire Kelce from KC? Dude seems like he is made for AFCN.
    They're not giving him up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They're not giving him up.
    Reid likes BBQ. Surely a deal can be made. Actually...we owe them for handling SD.

5. Re: OT - Wicked's Way Too Early Mock, Version 2 [Four rounds]

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think TE is still up in the air right now. It really hinges on whether or not they believe Pitta can make a comeback. Right now, I have no reason to believe he can't or won't.

I also think Gilmore can be a pretty good player for the Ravens. I'm also thinking that there may be some FA guys the Ravens look at this off-season for TE.

This is a really weak draft for TEs as well. There are some "solid" guys, but none that I would really say give us something better than Gilmore. Funchess may be a possibility I suppose.

Honestly, right now EJ Bibbs is my favorite TE in this draft class.
    I think Maxx Williams made himself a ton of money in Minnesota's Bowl game and will become a "late riser."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I think Maxx Williams made himself a ton of money in Minnesota's Bowl game and will become a "late riser."
    He is very good. Minnesota has some nice players right now. Their QB is only a sophomore, but I could see him being a high pick next year.

Wicked- Love the picks and the draft overall is very plausible. Can't rep this post enough. I just haven't replied because I've been studying it so much.

Now the Ravens' draft position is at 26. How would you adjust the Ravens' picks? You expect White to slide down to 26?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure Ursula. I could see White sliding 4 more spots just because the team's picking there don't necessarily need a receiver.

Great job as usual Wicked...I frankly have zero idea how you do these long mocks...I frankly get tired after the middle of round 1 lol.

It's a little early though as you know...we are still probably waiting on some guys decisions on whether they will declare or not.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I love your second and fourth round picks...although the draft would play a little differently if I were picking and the board fell like you laid out.

I'd take Waynes over White in the first.

I'd then take Mike Davis in round 2.

Jalen Mills in round 3.

And Stefon Diggs in round 4.

I'd probably double dip in the secondary...I think next year is probably Webb's last and Mills could potentially be another prospect at safety if he doesn't work out at Corner.

I like your picks to...I really like Carter in the second and Langford in round 4 in particular...I was kinda beating the drum a little for Langford during the season...his injuries kept his numbers down some, but I really like the guy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I love your second and fourth round picks...although the draft would play a little differently if I were picking and the board fell like you laid out.

I'd take Waynes over White in the first.

I'd then take Mike Davis in round 2.

Jalen Mills in round 3.

And Stefon Diggs in round 4.

I'd probably double dip in the secondary...I think next year is probably Webb's last and Mills could potentially be another prospect at safety if he doesn't work out at Corner.

I like your picks to...I really like Carter in the second and Langford in round 4 in particular...I was kinda beating the drum a little for Langford during the season...his injuries kept his numbers down some, but I really like the guy.
    Big fan of Langford as well. He is probably my favorite back in this draft when thinking about talent and value.

I do like Trae Wayne's quite a bit, but I like the big four receivers a lot more.

Actually with Melvin emerging and Webb seemingly returning to form, I'd go corner in the fourth ish for depth purposes and take Williams in the second. Give Flacco two good targets win White and Williams.