Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurst v Kruger

Blog Entries

Hurst v Kruger

Hurst did pretty well yesterday. I ran a thread last week that Cleve should run Kruger over Hurst with Kruger's 10 sacks but they didn't listen to me. They ran him a few times but he didn't cause any damage over Hurst, at least no sacks. Most of the time it was # 54 or someone else going vs Hurst.

There was even one play that reminded me of TP creeping up on Oher while he was blocking Harrison a few years ago during a night game. Oher was totally confused. #54 pulled a stunt on Hurst starting to rush in. HUrst moved to his left as #54 dropped back. Then the other guy tried to move around Hurst who picked him up. NIce job as Joe hit Daniels for 40 pick up.

SR caught another ball for a first down with Kruger rushing vs Hurst. On another play Kruger
    started to rush in and dropped back. Pass was completed with no pressure from Kruger at all.

Kruger did most of his damage vs Yanda on the other side rushing in and stripping the ball from Joe before the half. Ball kicks around and took us out of FG range but that was the most damage Kruger did all day.

Kruger went vs Hurst early in 1st qtr. Hurst had no help whatsover most of the game. This was a running play with 10 mins left in 1st qtr. Hurst hits Kruger who's stunned but gets in on the tackle for no gain but it wasn't a solo takle by Kruger thanks to Hurst.

Another time Kruger rushed vs Hurst and was pushed past JOe.

IN the second half Kruger pushed Hurst backward but Hurst recovered in time to push Kruger
    past Joe as he stepped up.

Kruger never got by HUrst for a sack. A strip but that was over Yanda on the other side. There
    were different guys going vs Hurst all day. He was penetrated some but often pushed his man
    passed Joe.

MOst of the pressure vs Joe came from the other side or up the middle.

There was one miscue where Hurst got beat bad and he got a holding penalty. Hell, it wasn't a holding penalty, he picked the guy up and body slammed him into the ground
    to keep him from sacking Joe. ILMAO

Saved himself from being charged a sack but I betcha some coach told him to do that if he's beat-lol. D on't
    let him hit Joe, ever. LOL

I see Hurst turning into a real star, same with Urschel
    as the future CEnter.

Hurst didn't embarrass anyone yesterday even if it was Cleveland.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-29-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Re: Hurst v Kruger

Hurst didn't play yesterday...they moved Yanda out to RT and Urschel at RG.

Edit...Oops, sorry Trap, thought you were talking about over at RT. Good post.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Thanks, man. I apologize for not saying LT as I should have. I just assumed, oh well, I just assumed.

Blog Entries

They have an interesting situation developing with Hurst and Urschel. Both look like potential starter level players (Urschel in particular has looked very good every opportunity he's gotten, I've thought) but they also just paid both Monroe and Zuttah. I guess with Urschel he could be the Yanda/KO replacement if one of them leaves but Hurst seems to have too much potential to just ride the bench and be depth for the next few years.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    They have an interesting situation developing with Hurst and Urschel. Both look like potential starter level players (Urschel in particular has looked very good every opportunity he's gotten, I've thought) but they also just paid both Monroe and Zuttah. I guess with Urschel he could be the Yanda/KO replacement if one of them leaves but Hurst seems to have too much potential to just ride the bench and be depth for the next few years.
    That doesn't seem like much of a problem to me. If the Ravens end up with starting-caliber players as back-ups while under rookie contracts, isn't that a good thing?

Blog Entries

Yea, they paid out the big contracts but these young dudes will be ready by the time they expire, even before.
    Meanwhile, they're great backups for depth.

Ozzie does it again stocking up in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The team gets even deeper after this draft.
    We're not that far from another SB window. Just think, with about 18 guys on the IR, Ravens still make the POs for 6 of 7
    years.

Just think if we had Jimmy and WEbbie at full speed all year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That doesn't seem like much of a problem to me. If the Ravens end up with starting-caliber players as back-ups while under rookie contracts, isn't that a good thing?
    I'm not saying it's a problem, depth is never a bad thing, but I'd personally rather have the young players on cheap contracts playing and contributing now rather than waiting until they are about to hit FA, have them play well then, and then losing them while we are stuck with the aging veterans.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The big thing with the ZBS is, once everyone is on board it should be more forgiving if a player goes down. We should see less of a setback and the younger guys should have an easier time producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    At the rate the Ravens filled up the IR list, you can't have enough depth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nk02442 View Post
    The big thing with the ZBS is, once everyone is on board it should be more forgiving if a player goes down. We should see less of a setback and the younger guys should have an easier time producing.
    I'd say the line got Kubes zbs down pretty well except vs Houston and Indy and they
    left Hurst alone on an island in those games too.

I've said it before: Hurst is our future LT.

Funny how so much changes so quickly. Just two months ago the prevailing logic here was "I guess we see why he went undrafted". Now he's our future starting LT? I suspect his true value is somewhere in between these two extremes.....