Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries

Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    With rumors about about Mike Smith, that's what happens when you trade the store to get a WR.
    Bingo. The GM that did it is likely going too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I think HARBS kept his job today but just barley thanks to an easy schedule and a practice squad QB-lol.

Jets owner loves Rex and hasn't terminated him yet. That's why he survived when the last GM was terminated.
    Just barely?

Lol.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    good lord mike smith has been terrible how is that team that bad with the talent they have??
    The Falcons are not really that talented. They have a great WR, a very good but aging WR, a very good QB and a good young CB. Other than that they don't have much talent. They have no Oline or Dline & no pash rush. Except for maybe QB, they are the complete opposite of the Ravens. They have maybe 3-4 players that could start for the Ravens.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Jeff Fischer has 16 full seasons as head coach and only 6 winning seasons.

His name is never ever mentioned as being on the chopping block.

And I can't see any way he is fired on this Black Monday. Even Bill Walsh himself didn't have this level of job security. Fischer is the master of staying under the radar. The media must love him!
    I have said this for years, media acts like he is fucking Bill Parcells re-incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Brother believe me I can see him going. But I just don't get why SF would want him to go. Multiple NFCCG and a SB trip. I haven't looked into it at all so don't know all the details. All I've heard is the players love him. Hell he got Crabtree to start playing. Etc. I dunno. There's other coaches out there that deserve to get the ax before him. Just don't get him getting the ax. I can see him quitting to go to Michigan. Just don't see the point of them trying to "fire him" before he quit. Maybe it's a "saving face" thing. Hell I dunno
    Yeah, Niners have tons of losing seasons only to go to three NFCC games with Harbs. Wonder if they will regret this!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Yeah, Niners have tons of losing seasons only to go to three NFCC games with Harbs. Wonder if they will regret this!
    Oh hell yes they are going to regret it. Look, I think Jim is a loon, but that guy took a talented team and got them focused and winning. Too many egos at the 49ers front office with the GM and Owner. 32 coaches in this league and it is damn hard to find a good one, even if he is a bit of a nutcase.

With all their pending FA, I don't see them being in the running in the NFC West next year. Seattle isn't going anywhere, Arizona will have a QB back, and the Rams always seem a hard out.

Oh yeah, they also have to play the AFC North, a division that had 3 playoff teams. Enjoy picking high in 2016 49er fans...

Blog Entries

Brother believe me I can see him going. But I just don't get why SF would want him to go. Multiple NFCCG and a SB trip. I haven't looked into it at all so don't know all the details. All I've heard is the players love him. Hell he got Crabtree to start playing. Etc. I dunno. There's other coaches out there that deserve to get the ax before him. Just don't get him getting the ax. I can see him quitting to go to Michigan. Just don't see the point of them trying to "fire him" before he quit. Maybe it's a "saving face" thing. Hell I dunno
    Harbaugh and the owner don't get along. As a Head Coach the one guy you don't want to piss off is the owner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have said this for years, media acts like he is fucking Bill Parcells re-incarnate.

Only Parcells actually wins Super Bowls. Fisher can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Oh hell yes they are going to regret it. Look, I think Jim is a loon, but that guy took a talented team and got them focused and winning. Too many egos at the 49ers front office with the GM and Owner. 32 coaches in this league and it is damn hard to find a good one, even if he is a bit of a nutcase.

With all their pending FA, I don't see them being in the running in the NFC West next year. Seattle isn't going anywhere, Arizona will have a QB back, and the Rams always seem a hard out.

Oh yeah, they also have to play the AFC North, a division that had 3 playoff teams. Enjoy picking high in 2016 49er fans...
    Yeah ouch. All I know is if I were a niners fan I'd be pissed. Crazy or not, he knows how to win

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh and the owner don't get along. As a Head Coach the one guy you don't want to piss off is the owner.
    Wrll yeah there is that. But wins should matter to the owner. But nm forgot who we were talking about. He's nuttier than jerry lol

Blog Entries

Wrll yeah there is that. But wins should matter to the owner. But nm forgot who we were talking about. He's nuttier than jerry lol
    Yup. Jed York is another one of those guys who thinks he knows football because his family owned the team. It was his mom who kept on trying to find a position for him when he was younger. He reminds me a lot of Jim Irsay and Mark Davis in Oakland. The Giants and Steelers seem to be the exceptions when it comes to great family owners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. Jed York is another one of those guys who thinks he knows football because his family owned the team. It was his mom who kept on trying to find a position for him when he was younger. He reminds me a lot of Jim Irsay and Mark Davis in Oakland. The Giants and Steelers seem to be the exceptions when it comes to great family owners.
    He thinks he's DeBartalo Jr. In reality, spoiled rich kid that got one of the greatest toys in the world. He should look to the Rooney's, the Mara's. Hell even Kraft and Bisciotti.

In the NFL, stability is one of the keys to long term success.